Rip apart my diary - please!

Options
Hi everyone! So I am trying to lose the pregnancy weight and it isn't going so well. I am a firm believer in CICO, and weigh about 75% of my food (being all home cooked food; unweighted food is from eating out.)

My weight loss is not going so well. Even though I think I know what I'm doing, I'm starting to catch myself going over my calorie goals a bit too frequently.

I'm hoping I can hear, in a voice other than my own, thoughts, criticisms, and suggestions on my diary. Substitute x for y. Stop doing abc. That kind of thing. Please!!

Go nuts! My diary is now ... OPEN!

ps: I am 5'6 179lbs with a severe thyroid problem, but have been medicated and it is under control for about 6 months.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, it does not look like you weigh everything? Are you sure?
  • avielosesit
    avielosesit Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Looking at your diary, it does not look like you weigh everything? Are you sure?
    I try to add/subtract to get even weights. I weigh all my meat, yogurt, etc. Things like bread I go by the information on the package per slice, but there is probably some variability.

That being said - I could probably do a better job.
    Is there something specific you saw I should up my game on?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Is this your recipe?

Home Made - Plain Parantha, 1 cooked 111 Calories
  • RayahEllen
    RayahEllen Posts: 40 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You can go look at my diary to get a reference. I weigh everything and build my own recipes with weighed amounts. I only use USDA entries that I have personally checked for accuracy for all whole foods, and check nutrition labels against entries when I eat everything else.
    I also pre-log the day before so that I don't go over my allotted calories and macros. For instance, if you go look at tomorrow, I've already logged all my food.

Edit to add: For instance, the only thing that isn't weighed out on my log for today is my kung pao chicken zoodles and my protein pancakes because those are recipes that I have pre-calculated in the recipe builder. They are labeled as one serving, but I also measure those out according to the recipe I have built so they are the same in portion size and calories/macros everytime.
  • avielosesit
    edited September 2016
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Is this your recipe?

Home Made - Plain Parantha, 1 cooked 111 Calories

Good point. It is homemade, but I didn't input that recipe. Frankly I should not be eating it anyways!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion--but you seem to eat a lot of breads/grains... Personally I would try to add more veggies (low calorie bulk) and protein (for satiety) to my diet in exchange.
  • RayahEllen
    RayahEllen Posts: 40 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I agree with Queenliz, and this just an observation, I don't know you and how you log your food, but you seem to be adding a lot of the "generic" food entries in place of building your own recipes and using USDA entries. I would try tightening up your logging by creating your own recipes with whole food USDA entries and checked nutrition labels. Treats that you don't know exactly what the calorie count is, for me would be exactly that, rare treats. Or find a substitute that you can weigh and calorie count for.
  • avielosesit
    Options
    This is great feedback. Sometimes it's hard to see things for yourself, but this makes sense. I knew something was up - I'm not a special snowflake