Lowering my cholesterol.

Options
Hello,
I don't think my health issue is unique but maybe there are other's out there that are struggling with high cholesterol either by diet or like myself, a genetic disposition. I am a fit, active individual using MFP to keep track of the food that I put in my body. Losing the weight is always a plus, but my primary goal is to lower my cholesterol to avoid taking statins. I am now doing a 10 step plan to help lower my LDL. Hopefully, I will actually implement MFP into my routine so that I can be successful in food awareness.
If any of you are on the same journey and would like to toss around recipes, motivation etc I'm here :)

Replies

• tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    IES1982 wrote: »
    I am now doing a 10 step plan to help lower my LDL.
    Is that from your doctor? Something you found online?

Theresa K

• walkermichaelg
    walkermichaelg Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm pretty new and in the same boat, feel free to add me for support and motivation!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    me too. I am on a statin but trying to avoid a higher dose.

I am curious about your 10 step program @IES1982 . I am trying to keep my fats to between 25 - 30% of total calories on mfp and I have upped my fiber to 30 grams a day. And of course, exercise.

What is the program you are on?
  • yasseryehia334
    yasseryehia334 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the same condition and trying to do the same. What's your cholesterol level?? What's your strategy towards it?? Please add me and involve me as a mutual motivational friend.