On 1200 calorie intake diet! HELP! I need recipes!!

Options
Hi guys!!! I'm looking for great lunch & dinner ideas for a family of three going hard on weight loss!!! I'm trying to focus on really yummy meals packed with flavor and under 600!! Thanks any recipes are appreciated!!

Replies

• WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    This recipe for Spaghetti Squash with White Beans Provençal http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spaghetti-squash-with-white-bean-provenal-0 is pretty easy to make, very tasty, very satisfying, and clocks in at 226 Cal.

• florencetaylor89
    Options
    This is a family comfort food for the evening meal fave with me my other half and two boys. We switch around the beans on occasion as we love butter beans and try to get a good mix.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/turkey-meatloaf
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    This was awesome and I paired it with spanish rice and was under 600.

hungry-girl.com/recipe-makeovers/healthy-inside-out-chicken-enchiladas-recipe

Instead of putting it in the oven I did mine in the crockpot. It reminded me a bit of tacobells smothered burrito's. It was so good my fiancee ate it and he doesn't like chicken.
  • schowann
    schowann Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Moosewood Cookbook Spinach Lasagna

1 container light cottage cheese
    2 eggs
    1 package frozen spinach
    Dash of nutmeg
    (Mix these four together)

Oven ready lasagna noodles (don't have to boil)
    2 cups mozzarella
    Pasta sauce (2 jars)

Spread sauce on bottom of 9x13 pan. Layer noodles, mixture, 3/4 cup pasta sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella. Repeat noodles, mixture, sauce cheese two more times. Add one more layer of noodles to top. Cover with rest of sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Bake at 375 for about 45 mins. Let rest for 15 mins before serving.

Reheats great as leftovers. Can also freeze portions for fast meals.

12th a 9x13 pan is around 300 calories (depending on your specific ingredients). Usually I have mine put together by the time the oven is preheated so it's also a hassle free recipe.
  • healthyfitme12
    healthyfitme12 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Try pinterest, it has a lot of healthy food ideas and recipes!
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I made a really good skinny cheeseburger casserole that I posted earlier this week!

Otherwise my go to is shredded chicken with salsa, cheese, sauce, and fajita veggies. Like a taco/fajita bowl but with no tortilla :)

Just measure/weigh your portions!
  • HiitToFit
    HiitToFit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My family always enjoys a jambalaya bowl with Turkey Sausage. For each serving I do a cup of cooked brown rice, 1/3 cup of corn, 1/2 cup of black beans, 3 turkey sausage links, and 1/3 cup salsa. Cook the sausage and rice first, then mix everything together and thoroughly heat it on the stove. About 470 calories per serving depending on the brands of ingredients you use.