New and looking for friends

Options
I've gone on wimpy fitness kicks in the past, and I'm probably about 25 pounds lower than my absolute highest weight in high school, but now I'm really ready to make long-term changes. I'm doing a low-carb type diet, not following any particular plan, just avoiding starches and sugars and focusing on proteins and (good) fats. I'd love to be friends with anyone doing low carb, any fellow short people, or any fellow females! I think having people to compare myself to will be good for keeping up accountability. This site is a great tool and I'm so glad to have come across it.

Replies

• suesq2
    suesq2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Basically new to My Fitness Pal. Needed a way to stay focused and go back to getting a balanced diet. I have multiple food allergies and lost 65 lbs. but this winter put 20 back. Have lost momentum and feel sluggish and fat! I vowed to not let that fat girl appear again but have regressed to bad eating habits and no exercise.
    Started back with riding my bicycle today and made 2 miles.. It is a start anyway. :happy:
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Errata, sorry I only fulfil one of your criteria, I'm female. However, I am trying to lose weight and I absolutely love this site, it's fantastic. There are loads of friendly people on here and if you need any encouragement or advice, we're happy to give it.
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am with you on the type of diet you are following. I am watching the carbs as well (not my friend), trying to get in quality protein and avoid processed foods as much as possible.
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow, and 31 pounds lost! That's really inspiring. :)
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 5
    Options
    Congrats on having only 3 pounds to go!