Replies

• alexpn
    alexpn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Eggs and Apples (but not together)
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    A whole can of tuna is typically 2 or more servings. So its more like 100cal minimum. I hate serving sizes. There should never be more than 1 in a candy bar or soda can.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    A whole can of tuna is typically 2 or more servings. So its more like 100cal minimum. I hate serving sizes. There should never be more than 1 in a candy bar or soda can.

I get these small cans of bumblebee tuna that are 50 calories for the whole can so that might be what shes getting :) theyre a little smaller than the average can.
  • mrsmknitta
    mrsmknitta Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    PinkSuede wrote: »
    Veggie tostadas are my #1, chicken, green smoothies (mine average 175 cals and very filling), fruit, rice cakes with cream cheese and fruit, low fat string cheese and olives.

What kind of cream cheese do you use?
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Pork loin chops are surprisingly low in calories. Fish and shrimp are too, unless you fry them!
  • louise5779
    louise5779 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love playing a game of lowest calorie per g of protein.
    ie. Prawns 4.1 cals, scallops 5.2 cals, fat free cottage cheese 6.9 cals, cod 4.5 cals, tuna 4.3 cals, billtong 4.9 cals.

Great way to top up protein on spending the least cals.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Oil cured olives
    Eggs
    Avocado
    Nuts
    Sardines
    Broccoli/broccoli rabe
    Halibut
    Goat
    Baguette
    Rye bread
    Chocolate

The list goes on and on. I have a lot of favorites-I go more by taste/nutritional value than calorie count
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add:
    Good cheese and wine!
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    White fish, shrimp, and scallops are all very high protein, low-fat, and low-cal.

But I also like cheese and wine, as @healthygreek has suggested!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Really, who doesn't love cheese and wine? <3
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    MoonKat7 wrote: »
    I honestly don't get the popcorn thing, I've studied nutrition at school, corn adds no value to the body, and it's NOT recommended to eat corn fed beef as it has no nutrition value.

Value to the body? In what way?

Popcorn gives me energy, polyphenols, fibre.

And to say corn fed beef has no nutritional value is just silly.

Anyway, back on topic.
    Seafood sticks 20 calories
    Quaver crisps 90 cal
    Pickled onions around 40 cal
    Sugar free jelly 10 cal
    Lidl ice cream 120 cal
    Cottage cheese 60 cal
  • mommamia30189
    mommamia30189 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have been calorie counting since i was 14- i am now 53. It is shocking how many calories can be in something very small. It really adds up. My favorite low calorie go-to foods are pickles, greek yogurt (the 80 calorie dannon) , apples, the tuna packs that are 70 calories for the whole pack, carrots with mustard, and mushrooms.
  • hopejaye75
    hopejaye75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yogurt,97% fat free ground turkey, goldfish (lol)
    Sugar free pudding,string cheese (low fat)
    Sara Lee bread 45 cal..
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I like broiled fish, low fat cottage cheese, low fat Greek yogurt, roasted veggies (so good), raw veggies (broccoli, cauliflower), etc. I do eat canned tuna with deli mustard on it---gives it some kick.
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Beans cooked with tasso ham
    Ken's Steakhouse lite Caesar dressing with all the oil poured off
    roasted veggies, especially root veggies, misted with olive oil
    homemade chana masala
    fresh tuna marinated in a homemade teriyaki sauce and seared in a skillet
    homegrown tomatoes and cucumbers with salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar
    steamed fish with lemon grass
    lobster, oh my God, lobster boiled with crab boil
    grilled, marinated squash, cherry tomatoes, and eggplant
    and there's so so much more. . . .
  • mbradshaw93
    mbradshaw93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Breakfast burritos have become a staple for me. 1 egg, 2 egg whites with a touch of salsa on a small tortilla is about 250 calories and quite filling!
  • Eleanor_82
    Eleanor_82 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Big chunky veggies like courgettes, broccoli and cauliflower work for me, especially when i do cauliflower rice or zoodles an alternatives to more calorie-dense pasta and rice.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the anti-corn propaganda is nonsense. Whole mesoAmerican civilizations were built on it. There is nothing inherently evil about it when eaten as a whole food (which popcorn is).
    Sure, don't suck down high-fructose corn syrup, but its not some kind of Demon Seed.
  • nickisa28
    nickisa28 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Steak!!! All day long :smiley: it's always been my favourite meal and I prefer it with veggies or salad than carbs so I can have my favourite meal, guilt free!! And I always assumed a cookie would have more calories than it does it was nice to discover I could afford to have one now and then as a treat. One the other end of the scales though...how bad are non-diet fizzy drinks??!! I don't like them anyway but if there wasn't Diet Coke available, I'd just have a regular coke....NO MORE!