In need of motivation......

Options
Had a rough food day yesterday :( The weather here is crappy....rainy and thunderstorms....makes it much easier to sit around and eat. I could really use a little motivational speaking right now. Oh, and I've been on MFP for a while, but just recently really starting using the forum, so I would love for you to send me a friend request if you want. I have no doubt I could use the support and all the accountability buddies!
I have hit a bit of a plateau too. I would love to have some examples of what some of you eat for breakfast and lunch, as I have been eating pretty much the same things for a while now.
Thanks!

Replies

• Ellastrong
    Ellastrong Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! And that's great that you're using the forums now!
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    There will always be those days...I hate them too. As long as they aren't everyday and you accept them and move on from them you will do fine. I know many people on here will say no no no you should never have a cheat day or a bad day, but that isn't reality, and in life we will have them. I hoe today is better!!! :smile:
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    you are welcome to add me. I eat some of the Kashi cereals with almond milk for breakfast. Sometimes I make breakfast tacos with egg whites, turkey bacon, wheat tortillas, etc... I also like oatmeal with cranberries and chopped walnuts.
  • k9fan4life
    k9fan4life Posts: 19
    Options
    45 pounds! Maybe you should be the one doing the motivating! That's really great! We all have bad days, it's how you recover that counts. You have come so far, don't throw it away on one rainy day. The sun is sure to come out again, and just get right back at it.

Keep going, no matter what. When you think you have pushed yourself as far as you can, go for one more minute, or rep, or lap, or whatever. Jst not one more twinkie!

Feel free to add me, and KEEP GOING!!!!
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is usually 1/2 cup all bran, 1 quaker shredded wheat muffet, about a cup of fruit (usually 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup raspberries), 1 cup skim milk and a lot of cinnamon. Nothing fancy but quick and good.

As for motivation, try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a38jdtcatfQ

Or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH9-o67XSMo

I've been on a bit of a bicycling kick lately. I love when the woman says "My body keeps telling me go for it. Good for you." Kind of sums it all up.

And feel free to friend me, as well.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! :flowerforyou:

My breakfast lately has been oatmeal made with almond milk, with some peanut butter and maple syrup stirred in. YUM.
  • jparsons27
    jparsons27 Posts: 61
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. Isn't it funny how we can motivate others and then have such a hard time with ourselves! And you have been such a great support to me so far! I am really trying to remember to take it one moment at a time. And to remember that it is NOT the end of the world if I don't have a great day with food and exercise. We just keeping trying. Keep trying to do something different than we used to do. To steal a line from a book I've read "it's progess, not perfection."

I am so grateful for the support on here. And I support you... in your good and "bad" days! :flowerforyou:
  • byrdfam5
    byrdfam5 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your comments. They really helped more than you know. That's one of the things I am loving about these forums.......that everybody is so supportive, no matter what your struggle.