Just Starting Out

Options
Hi Elizabeth here. This is my first day trying this out.
A little about me:My husband and I have 7 children, 3 are my step-children. In the past 6 yrs. I have been pregnant or nursing and put on more pounds than I'd like. I have tried to lose the weight, but each time have been unsuccessful. I would like to fit in a slimmer size again, but more than that I need more energy to keep up with my growing family. I find it quite a chore now to "play" with my children because of my lack of energy.
One of my struggles is that I snack frequently (whenever I'm fixing a meal AND snack for one of the little ones). I also have a VERY difficult time with my portion sizes. It seems once I start eating, I don't stop until everything including my children's plates are empty. I also find every excuse out there why I can't exercise (even though I have work out videos, a treadmill and stationary bike).
I'm hoping to change my lifestyle for my family and for me.
Any advice?

Replies

• AlvinaHayman
    AlvinaHayman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I here you feel free to add me
  • annobrien700mfp
    annobrien700mfp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like.
  • froggysfriend
    froggysfriend Posts: 220 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • p0sitiv3_vib3s
    p0sitiv3_vib3s Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oh bless u! I have 5 myself and it is hardwork but if you want it enough you can do it! You've just got to adjust ur mindset. If u snack while preparing food have chopped veggies nr to hand or fruit. Take unfinished plates straight to the bin or if they're big enough scrape their own plates so I don't have to go near lol! Good luck :)
  • cheryladorr65
    cheryladorr65 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi elizabeth feel free to add me. we can support each other.i need to lose a lot of weight so i need all the support i can get.