Assistance finding women's compression shorts

Options
I'd like to buy a pair of women's compression shorts, but I can't seem to find something in my size, which is currently an 18. I found some on amazon.com, but the Size L offered was equivalent to a size 10 jeans (!!!). Can someone please recommend a place to buy them?

I'd also appreciate personal recommendations for brand names, styles, and how to choose the correct size from anyone already using them. I would NEVER have guessed a Size Large to be a size 10. I don't have a price range in mind. I'll pay a bit more for quality, but I'd rather not going all-out crazy with the cost while I'm still losing inches and may only wear them for a couple of months.

Thanks!

Replies

• 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Check Team Estrogen. They have a pretty good range of sizes. LOVE compression shorts!!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    check backcountry.com
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Walmart has a brand called Athletic Works which comes in all sizes and is very reasonably priced! i just rebuilt my workout wardrobe with this brand.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but here's a link to some: http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/classic_fitness_short.htm#plus
  • javablondie
    javablondie Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Under Armour Heat Gear compression leggings and tops have really impressed me. They even have L, XL, and XXL. I'm your size and had been wearing the XXL and XL in long leggings. Funny you asked about the compression shorts because I am planning to order some Under Armour Heat Gear capri length or shorts length bottoms. I'd not hesitate to give them a shot.

Take a look at their website. :)

And FYI, I'd be ordering only XL for myself if I were getting more long leggings. (And I'm still about a size 18.) Can't speak for their sizing on shorts though. Keep in mind also that they are super stretchy and tough.
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Nike.com have them for women up to xxxl size 50 hips price 28 bucks
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I bought my last bunch of compression shorts through Eastbay. I got their house brand and they seem to be OK so far. Of course, I bought the men's shorts, so I can't really speak to their women's apparel. It looks like they have a good range of sizes, though. And every once in a while they have a really good sale (free shipping right now).

http://www.eastbay.com/searchresults/?Nrt=Women%27s&Nr=AND%28Gender%2fAge%3aWomen%27s%29&N=556&Ntt=training+clothing&cm_REF=Compression%20Shorts
  • SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hahaha....I just had the same problem! Yesterday I bought some compression shorts, I wore them this morning running, LOVED THEM!!!! Can't believe I ever went without them!

I bought some Medium compression shorts by Sugoi....AMAZING!!!! I'm a size 6-8 pant

There is a small business actually in my hometown that has a website, I went to their place in town and bought them in person, but you can order online though Revel Sports....The service was EXCELLENT and their associates and family that runs the site is EXTREMELY EDUCATED... I HIGHLY recommend calling their Toll Free Line and talking to them then ordering!!!! I can't say enough good things about Revel Sports!!

http://revelsports.com/Sugoi.asp There is the shorts :)

Good Luck
  • kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I just ordered a pair of Under Armour compression shorts from their website. They had a sizing chart to help me determine my size, and carried my size (yay), and I couldn't pass up free shipping. I can't wait to try them out. And if I don't like them, I have many other options to try, thanks to all your suggestions. Merci!
  • javablondie
    javablondie Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I hope you like them. All the best!