Under Calories - Yes. I know what starvation mode is.

Options
Under for my calories... I want to fit in a bike ride but that would put me even more in the green! I started the 17 Day Diet this past week and it is working! I am not sure if I am getting everything that I need. Take a look at my last 4 days and let me know what ya think! Please use constructive comments... I am fully aware of "starvation mode" and what it is. I want more constructive advice. I am not starving... I want to eat more but I am simply not hungry.

Replies

• Leah2975
    Leah2975 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    as long as you hit 1200 calories, extra exercise does not cause it to warn you about starvation mode.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Wish we could trade then! I'm in the red for cals today and still want more!!!!!!! UGH!
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    Other than today you were pretty close to your 1200 calorie goal. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I usually only get between 800-1000 calories per day.

Some people are going to tell you you'll go into starvation mode, others won't.

It's all what works for you.
  • brit49
    brit49 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with it , thats a nice dairy. :smile:
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i was like that at first... was not hungry so always under on calories.
    However, i've found you need to train your body to operate normally... i started feeling hungry (at the right times, just before meal/snack time) once i really pushed myself to eat closer to my net calories, despite not being hungry at first...and once my body got used to getting enough fuel, the natural hunger signs kicked in *S*

Now i trust what my body is telling me..as now i believe it is operating much more like the way it is meant to work *S*

edited to add:
    ps.. once i started eating closer to net (ie eating exercise calories back too) i found i started losing more per week! *S*
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I think it looks good. I've done days where I'm eating completely clean (meat, veggies, complex carbs) and my daily range looks similar. If you want to add calories, what about cashews or almonds as a snack (you can add a quick 160 calories with just 1 oz - or add a couple of slices of avocado to each meal). As long as you're eating healthy, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you notice your weight loss starting to slow, then bump it up a bit.
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You will get all kinds of different opinions and links to this but trust me you aren't going to starve, I been doing this for 6 months and never meet my calorie goals and i lose 1.5 pounds a week. Starvation Mode is a made up myth :smokin:
  • nitamo
    nitamo Posts: 64
    Options
    I went over and took a look at your diary and what I saw was a very healthy diet. Yes, you're under calories but what you're eating is healthy. The only thing I could even possibly suggest is maybe adding another snack or two somewhere in between meals. Maybe another yogurt or perhaps a couple pieces of fruit. Maybe you're not hungry because your body is actually getting all the nutrients it requires so it's letting you know that it's completely satisfied. I know that we're supposed to stay at or above the 1200 calories but you don't look like you are creating a nutritional deficiency anywhere in your diet. I'm not sure I've helped you at all but to me it looks like you're doing good.
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    add some nuts and complete the cals for the day
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I don't think you're doing badly on the eating. If you feel like you should eat more, even though you said you weren't hungry, you could add more veg to your eggs in the morning. Or a spinach salad to your lunches or as a second snack. That would bump you up another 150 or so cals in a day, depending on what you added.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    add some nuts and complete the cals for the day

Totally great idea!
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You really should try to eat a little bit more. You don't have to eat a ton of food... you can add some high calorie, healthy snacks to make up the difference. A handful of nuts (or a nut butter, if you prefer to eat it in that form) will easily give you the few hundred calories extra that you need. Most days, you don't hit 1200, which isn't good. You don't have to eat back ALL your exercise calories, especially if you don't have a HRM and are just using the MFP calculations, but a few of them would be good.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    The types of foods you are eating look healthy. Could you try adding in some nuts or reduced fat cheese to help boost the calories and nutrition a bit? You could use a little extra veg, as well. That's what I did when I didn't feel hungry. Now I have no problems. My hunger seems totally natural and comes at appropriate times. :drinker:
  • kranstar
    kranstar Posts: 10
    Options
    "Starvation mode" has more to do with *when* you eat than *how much* you eat. If you skipped breakfast, rarely ate lunch, and consumed a 1500 dinner, you'd be putting your body into starvation mode. If you eat a nutritious breakfast, lunch, and dinner and consume 1200 calories a day, you won't put your body into starvation mode (even if you burn 600 of those by exercising). It's all about putting fuel (nutritious food) into the furnace (your metabolism) before it burns out. The more muscle you build (through exercise) and the more regularly you eat, the faster your metabolism will burn.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    When I started getting into a rut of not being able to eat all my calories a day and my net was under 1,000 due to my working out, I looked into calorie cycling or zig zagging. This is where you take your weekly target deficit and distribute it differently across the week, so instead of the same number of calories a day, you have higher calorie days and lower calorie days but it still nets out to the same weekly deficit. It was hard to do the higher calorie days at first (I made things like brown rice pasta to consume more calories), but less than a week into it I was in the swing of things. I now can eat back all my exercise calories, the weight is heading down in the right direction, and my body isn't stuck in a daily rut.

You can search the message board here for lots of info on zig zagging your calories. You can also check out the info and free zig zag calorie calculator here: www.freedieting.com.
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    No nuts or cheese for 13 more days... Well, a bit of cheese is allowable but if I start and have cheese I may eat the entire block.
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You will get all kinds of different opinions and links to this but trust me you aren't going to starve, I been doing this for 6 months and never meet my calorie goals and i lose 1.5 pounds a week. Starvation Mode is a made up myth :smokin:

oh no you didn't, say that out loud! I totally agree with you. I lose better at 1000 to 1100 calories and sometimes I am just not any hungrier than that. makes up for the days that 1800 calories isn't enough and I have to padlock the fridge. :)