I gave into temptation big time today

Options
dhampir_princess
dhampir_princess Posts: 71 Member
edited September 2016 in Motivation and Support
I've been stuck on a plateau for about two weeks now, which always makes it hard for me to keep logging and be honest about it. So I've slowly been creeping up on the scale which adds to the frustration. (Not to mention is come to that time of month for me and that's not helping anything.)

My day was long and stressful, and with the thought of working these next two days of the holiday weekend looming over me, I wound up binging pretty hard.

I know I need to just pick myself back up and start again tomorrow, and I already have my next day planned out, but plateaus are the freaking worst. :(

If anyone has any tips or advice for getting through it that's be awesome. And thanks for listening to my rant.

Replies

• rebeccasawyer332
    Options
    Forgive yourself for binging and next time the urge hits make yourself remember how bad you felt. Sometimes that works for me
  • carriemg5
    carriemg5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welp, I've been on an 8-9day binge. The past 4weeks I did so well, lost 8ish lbs. Then I tried rewarding myself with something I shouldn't have eaten and it was down hill after that. I'm still trying to recover. This journey is a struggle but I try to keep reminding myself that it's worth it. That at the end of this I'll be someone I want to be...someone who isn't a quitter. So I'm letting this binge ride out. I can already feel my body telling me it's had enough of the junk.

We just have to keep reminding ourselves that this takes time. We have to remember that we are not only retraining our body but our mind as well.

Best wishes on this long and worth while journey. I'll send you a friend request...no pressure to add me.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    We're changing seasons. Around here kids go back to school on Tuesday, after Labor Day. It's the unofficial end of summer. It's perfect time to make a change. Think about how fabulous you will look for the holidays. Plus there are opportunities for built in exercise -- raking leaves, walks to go look at the changing leaves, packing away your summer clothes, shoveling snow etc.

I had a "bad" food day yesterday too. I ate 2x my allotted number of calories. I grazed all day at a BBQ, plus ate dessert. I was appalled to learn how many calories I ate in tortilla chips alone. But it was the last BBQ weekend of the summer.

So see if you can pinpoint your own triggers. You already identified two -- that you feel like you plateaued and you had a stressful day. Figure out what you can do to over come them & move forward. Change something else up in your routine to see if that jumpstarts your continued journey.

Hang in there.
  • MrsBenTarr
    MrsBenTarr Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself.

I certainly have days like that, where one treat can trigger a downward spiral the likes of which few have seen. I log it so I can see its ugliness, accept it, and move on.
  • dhampir_princess
    dhampir_princess Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for the kind words. I really needed to hear it today. I made myself log what I are yesterday and was about double my calories too. Bluh.

I do definitely need to keep myself from snacking in the morning. Snacks need to be in the afternoon for me or I just keep snacking all day despite what I've budgeted. I'm keeping this in mind today.

And I think you're right @Trish1c ,I need to shake up my routine and add more activities. Unfortunately in Arizona we have none of the fall leaves or winter snow to take care of so that's a no go!

I need to join a gym or something, but it's hard going by myself when I feel like I don't know how to work out (how to use the machines, how many reps, what combination of exercise each day, etc). I guess that's my next mission, figuring it all out