Need tips/ideas for meals

Options
Hello Everyone, New to MFP and this is the first day I have really browsed the site. I had done WW several years ago and really liked the online aspect but can't afford the $40 a month. I am looking for tips/ideas for meals for staying full longer :) The first few days always seem the hardest for me. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated :happy:

Replies

• anhaab
    anhaab Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love the meal ideas from Hungry Girl's newsletter (www.hungrygirl.com and you can subscribe). Also kraftfoods.com has a healthy eating section that has some pretty good ones too!
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I love the meal ideas from Hungry Girl's newsletter (www.hungrygirl.com and you can subscribe). Also kraftfoods.com has a healthy eating section that has some pretty good ones too!

I agree. Also check out www.sparkrecipes.com
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Try clean eating magazine (there are recipes online) or sparkpeople.com. If you have a smart phone there are a lot of healthy recipe aps :)
  • lizajanetoo
    lizajanetoo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    These are great low calorie items I use when I have the muchies or need something that fills me up ~

2 egg Omelette made from egg beaters with onion and bell pepper and a slice of fat free cheese slice , with a side of fruit and low cal bread toast. less that 250 calories.

I also like lean ground chicken (don't like the turkey) 1/4 of a pound is 90 cals.
    Cook like hamburger with seasoning. Then I make 3 lettuce wraps with the meat, onion, bell pepper, and 1/3 of a low cal cheese slice in each wrap Side with mixed veggies or homemade veggie chips (still working out the receipe). Less than 200 calories.

Tofu Noodles. 8oz. is only 40 calories. (Tofu Shirataki Noodles, I have only found them at Whole Foods)
    All the textue and most of the tast of noodles, without the calories and carbs of real noodles.
    Make as directed and mix with veggies and/or meats. Can be as low as 100 calories.
  • celiamj
    celiamj Posts: 38
    Options
    hi! a good side dish is grilled zucchini! im adicted and even have it for snacks, it's so delicious! just slice it and add pepper, garlic and salt, and its only 20 kcals a cup!
  • kastlekonmommy
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you guys!!!!!
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    Another good site for recipes is allrecipes.com