Fairly low resting heart rate

Options
2»

Replies

• akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    mine is anywhere from low 50s to the upper 60s. when I was heavier it was 70-90. but I agree if concerned see a dr .some meds can cause a lower heart rate too. if that doesnt apply to you and this is something new then have a talk with your dr and they can monitor it if they think its an issue

Same here. When I got my Fitbit I was surprised to find my RHR at 48-52 BPM, but when I asked my doctor about it he just congratulated me on a successful diet/exercise program. My medical records show that my resting heart rate was 75-90 BPM I started getting fit, and that it just gradually lowered as I became more active.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Mine has dropped with my latest weight loss and running program. Generally in the 40s, but can go into the 30s. I just talked today to my GP about it, and looked my EKG and blood work and said their was no problems at all.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yeah, mine is low too, rests at around 50.
    When I was in hospital I too were setting alarms off. Apparently as I slept my h/r was dropping to 27bpm. The cardiologist wasn't concerned. I was though and had to have him reassure me.
  • blopmiyers
    blopmiyers Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    scorpio516 wrote: »
    [.

OP: What's your concern? If you wern't measuring it, would you know?

Well i mean, sometimes when I stand up my head starts spinning. That's one of my concerns and I thought maybe my hr was related to it
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Yup, mine is typically mid 40's due to high volume of swim/bike/run training. Brought 8 months of HRM data to the doctor at last annual checkup so he could validate....
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    blopmiyers wrote: »
    [.

Well i mean, sometimes when I stand up my head starts spinning. That's one of my concerns and I thought maybe my hr was related to it

Since you are having that, go to your doctor. Probably nothing or low BP.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    [.

This is a common symptom of low blood pressure. I would speak to your doctor about it. In the meantime, drink more water (dehydration can lower blood pressure) and if you have no medical issues regarding sodium, add a little more salt to your diet (not much).
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    [.

This is a common symptom of low blood pressure. I would speak to your doctor about it. In the meantime, drink more water (dehydration can lower blood pressure) and if you have no medical issues regarding sodium, add a little more salt to your diet (not much).

I agree, talk to the doc!
    I'd had some bouts of orthostatic hypotension (basically getting light headed when I stood up) in the past, despite drinking close to a gallon of water per day. Generally "water follows salt" and upping my sodium intake fixed the problem.

A lot of people tend to drink enough, but then don't eat more salt when they're working out a lot!
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    medic2038 wrote: »
    [.

I'd had some bouts of orthostatic hypotension (basically getting light headed when I stood up) in the past, despite drinking close to a gallon of water per day. Generally "water follows salt" and upping my sodium intake fixed the problem.

A lot of people tend to drink enough, but then don't eat more salt when they're working out a lot!

Only reason I know this is because I have chronic low bp and doc put me on a high sodium diet because I get bouts of orthostatic hypotension along with occasional episodes of vaso-vagal syncope. Such lovely big words eh?

Edited to correct stupid autocorrect: orthodontic lmao
  • blopmiyers
    blopmiyers Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    medic2038 wrote: »
    [.

That might be it. I eat about 1300 mg of sodium a day. I just eat foods with low sodium I'll try upping that up and see what happens.