Excercise question

Options
46year old getting back to excercise. I just started a one on one cross fit routine for a full hour. (Day1)
How do i log the type of exercise, how do we know how many calories burn ?
Please help

Replies

• soazrj
    soazrj Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's the million dollar question. Everything is going to be estimate, luckily mfp is here to help with data tools. I would log it as circuit training general. Be honest with yourself. Just because you log something as vigorous doesn't magically mean that you actually burnt those calories.

So meow that you have your estimate you can use it against your other metrics. Assuming you are accurately logging your calories, you'll have to use your results to dictate whether or not your exercise estimate is accurate. If you are losing weight then you are probably right, if you are gaining weight then maybe you are over estimating.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but that's pretty much the reality of the situation. It's why many of us choose not to eat our exercise calories.
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If you look on line you can find calories burned for many different things including sex. Do some searches and you will find things.
  • perrona1
    perrona1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    Just estimate low. I've seen people talk about some astounding numbers ... massive calorie burns for a relatively small amount of exercise. Who knows, maybe they did burn that much. But personally, I've found estimating my calories burned on the low side works for me.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    How do I log the type of exercise.
    Would also suggest logging as circuit training.

How do we know how many calories burn ?
    You don't. It's not possible or necessary to be accurate - it's a rough estimate based on METS.

Exercise calories are just a small part of the puzzle - your actual results over an extended period of time will confirm if your calorie balance is working or not.
  • fredericktambunan
    Options
    Hang in there