Need to lose 20 pounds in 2 months. Pleasee help

Options
otaku_animecrazy
otaku_animecrazy Posts: 2 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I recently went to the endocrinologist for my follow up my blood sugar has finally regulated after struggling for 2 years. I paid $700 for a plan with for my mom and i at quick weightloss(it took us months to save up that much money). I started at 207 and when we left (earlier than out plan) i weighed 188.9. I stayed at 188.9 for almost two monthes with no progress no matter how hard i tried or how little i ate. I was in high school and walked 1mile a day monday through friday to pick up my younger sister. I stayed on plan. Now that i got off of it in june im back up to 198 pounds. Im back in school and barely have time for anything due to classes and deadlines. I need to lose 20 pounds by november as im in charge of putting together my grandma's birthday party. I would love to biy the dress I've had my eyea on for a while now, its online but im too big for it. I've tried everything and with a house full of picky eaters who hate veggies, and being 18 its hard to even stand a chance. Originally in january i had even paid for a gym for my mom and i but we only lasted for 2 months since i couldnt afford to pay for it. Which i had some money stashed for quick weightloss and so did she. So we enrolled in march and ended im june because in all honesty my dad forced us to quit.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Im trying to make time to walk around my subdivision especially now that pokemon go got released 2 monthes ago and I'm one of the kids that grew up with the series.

Replies

• a45cal
    a45cal Posts: 85 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    (Scratched this first paragraph because it's late and math isn't my strong suit.)

Question is, are you tracking your food here on MFP? There's no real magic bullet for losing weight. The only thing you can do is keep accurate count of how many calories you eat versus how many you burn through exercise, and stay below the total number you need to maintain your current weight. If you do that, then weight loss will happen.

If you aren't tracking your food currently, then I suggest you start there. MFP will give you an estimate of how many calories you need to eat per day to meet your goals, and if you're consistent with it, then you'll lose weight.

Best of luck.
  • satisatisati
    satisatisati Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    20 pounds is just too much of weight loss which is not recommended. Best thing is to loose one pound per week. So max you can loose in 8 weeks is 8-10 pounds without doing any crash diets. Just maintain a deficit of 500 daily. Try to do some form of exercise that will also help.
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Points 1-8 above are probably the best summary I've seen. Read and learn.
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You don't need to pay any more money to lose weight. Try not to get sucked in by scams that promise quick weight loss. Sustainable weight loss is often slow - at your weight 1-2 pounds (at the most) a week. It can also help not to set strict weight loss goals for specific times. If you lost 1-2 pounds a week until November, you wouldn't hit your 20-pound target but you'd be well on your way, and you'd probably be feeling pretty awesome after losing that weight too, particularly as you wouldn't need to do any crazy dieting/exercising to do it.

You also don't need to go to a gym. YouTube has absolutely loads of videos. I particularly like Fitness Blender. They also have calorie count estimations for their workouts which is helpful if you're tracking everything on MFP (I usually use the minimum so I don't over-estimate and eat back too many calories.

Re your point about picky eaters and vegetables: you can continue to eat the same as your family, but you might want to start preparing a side dish of vegetables to help you with weight loss. E.g. when my boyfriend and I eat pizza, he has a whole one and I have half of one with the rest of the plate with something like fried kale, balsamic tomatoes or roasted vegetables with some cottage cheese too (BTW these are UK "whole" pizzas - i.e. about 10 inches. US pizzas sound a lot bigger, the way everyone on here talks about them!)

The most important thing is to track everything you eat, as accurately as you possibly can on here. It really does work. Stay consistent. You can do it!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Track your exercise and calories here and create a new lifestyle of eating less and exercising more. If you set your goal to 2lbs a week and stick within your calories, you should be able to take off around 16lbs. Then you'll be able to continue your efforts after the two months is up....all at no charge!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I recently went to the endocrinologist for my follow up my blood sugar has finally regulated after struggling for 2 years. I paid $700 for a plan with for my mom and i at quick weightloss(it took us months to save up that much money). I started at 207 and when we left (earlier than out plan) i weighed 188.9. I stayed at 188.9 for almost two monthes with no progress no matter how hard i tried or how little i ate. I was in high school and walked 1mile a day monday through friday to pick up my younger sister. I stayed on plan. Now that i got off of it in june im back up to 198 pounds. Im back in school and barely have time for anything due to classes and deadlines. I need to lose 20 pounds by november as im in charge of putting together my grandma's birthday party. I would love to biy the dress I've had my eyea on for a while now, its online but im too big for it. I've tried everything and with a house full of picky eaters who hate veggies, and being 18 its hard to even stand a chance. Originally in january i had even paid for a gym for my mom and i but we only lasted for 2 months since i couldnt afford to pay for it. Which i had some money stashed for quick weightloss and so did she. So we enrolled in march and ended im june because in all honesty my dad forced us to quit.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Im trying to make time to walk around my subdivision especially now that pokemon go got released 2 monthes ago and I'm one of the kids that grew up with the series.

Get your eye on a different dress. At 18, your body is still growing and changing. Quick (and expensive!) weight loss is neither healthy for your body or your wallet.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Stop paying for weight loss programs or gyms. Drop the idea of losing weight fast. Don't diet to fit a too small dress.
    1. Set up your calorie goal for free with my fitness pal. Input your age, height, weight, daily activity level and a goal of losing not more than 2 lbs a week. 1 lb a week may be easier to stick to.
    2. Log everything you consume in the food diary. Eat the calories mfp tells you to. You can eat normal foods and lose weight as long as you stick to your calorie goal.
    3. If you exercise (not your normal activity) log it and eat a portion of the exercise calories.

Sustainable weight loss takes time and patience.
    You might lose 20 lbs in a healthy, sustainable way in 3-5 months.

Walking is free and easy exercise. You Tube has a lot of free workout videos as well.
  • otaku_animecrazy
    Options
    a45cal wrote: »
    (Scratched this first paragraph because it's late and math isn't my strong suit.)

Question is, are you tracking your food here on MFP? There's no real magic bullet for losing weight. The only thing you can do is keep accurate count of how many calories you eat versus how many you burn through exercise, and stay below the total number you need to maintain your current weight. If you do that, then weight loss will happen.

If you aren't tracking your food currently, then I suggest you start there. MFP will give you an estimate of how many calories you need to eat per day to meet your goals, and if you're consistent with it, then you'll lose weight.

Best of luck.

I am tracking my calories on here. Its hard to really eat healthy or eat at all like im supposed to. I help out with the family buisness which means lots of driving and spending time everywhere. Im trying my best especially with now that i actually need a dress. The eating its self is hard ive eaten the same meals for weeks straight and gotten bored or disappointed at lack of results no matter how hard i tried or exercised.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

Best of luck.

I am tracking my calories on here. Its hard to really eat healthy or eat at all like im supposed to. I help out with the family buisness which means lots of driving and spending time everywhere. Im trying my best especially with now that i actually need a dress. The eating its self is hard ive eaten the same meals for weeks straight and gotten bored or disappointed at lack of results no matter how hard i tried or exercised.

Of course it's hard to "eat healthy" or how you are "supposed to", that's why most people struggle to lose weight and be healthy. Of course you will be bored from eating the same meals over and over, and you can exhaust yourself from exercising. The good news is that you don't have to do any of those things. Just track what you eat consistently and honestly, and make moving your body a natural part of your day.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing weight! You are down 10 lbs right now. Even if you gained back some weight, you are still under your start weight by 10 lbs.

I have lost 100 lbs and gained it all back. I am very close to being pre-diabetic. Since re-starting my "diet" I have lost 35 lbs.

Here's what I've found, for what it is worth.
    • I think what other members may have been trying to say is diet plans don't usually teach someone how to eat healthy and have portion control. Which is why as soon as that person stops them, they gain the weight back.
    • I've lost weight eating skittles.... what I mean by this is if you set your calorie goals and log your food correctly you will lose weight if you meet those goals.
    • What I learned was I needed to eat very healthy. I changed my diet to something I could do for the rest of my life and I count my calories because I almost always found I was eating more than I thought.
    • If you are driving around alot, there are ways to pack healthy foods to take with you on your trips.
    • I also realized that weight lose is a journey and not a race.

Now... there could be some reasons why you are not losing weight right now. I will include a good chart for possible reason you may not be losing weight right now.
    7x0s1t5atm8z.jpg

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    This.

Why the time limit?

And yes, that clinic scammed you. I've lost almost 100lbs for 'free'. without cutting out any o my favourite foods.

Calories are king for weight loss.
    I paid $700 for a plan with for my mom and i at quick weightloss (it took us months to save up that much money). I started at 207 and when we left (earlier than out plan) i weighed 188.9. Now that i got off of it in june im back up to 198 pounds.

I need to lose 20 pounds by november

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

1. You shouldn't pay for "weightloss plans". Too bad you have been scammed.
    2. You shouldn't have time limits on weight loss. The maximum rate weight can come off is fixed and you can't force it off. 1% of your body weight is a good rule of thumb if you do everything correctly all the time.
    3. If you do everything correctly, you can realistically, maybe, lose 20 pounds in about 11 weeks.
    4. It's more difficult to keep weight off than to lose it. It's not hard, but it takes an effort, and a lot of work on mindset, habits and environment.
    5. Do not try to force yourself to lose weight, but you need to be committed. Eat 1400-1450 calories per day, have a balanced and varied diet, exercise moderately, get enough sleep and rest.
    6. Count calories and do it right. Use your diary, double check all entries you are using, use the recipe builder, weigh everything on an electronic food scale, log everything, hit your calorie goal, don't cheat, don't forget, don't give up.
    7. Weigh yourself regularly and under consistent circumstances (first thing in the morning, after bathroom, before breakfast, same or no clothes, same scale, same place, hars and even surface, fresh batteries). Your weight will not show a straight line, and that is normal, it can even show a "gain" now and then and that is nothing to worry about if you are controlling your food intake; you will lose weight, effectively and predictably, if you do this.
    8. Eat food you like and don't eat food you don't like. No special foods or diets are necessary. In fact, the farther the weight loss diet is from your normal/preferred diet, the harder it will be to stick to. All you need to lose weight, is a consistent calorie deficit. Eating 1400-1450 calories per day will give you that deficit.

• kelhea
    kelhea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have lost 18 pounds in 1 1/2 months, obviously everyone is different and what I did might not work for you. I'm pretty sure most of what i lost was water weight but anyhow this is what I did... I cleaned up my diet and started eating veggies, fruit, whole grains and lean meat (the occasional cheat"snack" once a week - not a cheat "meal"), started drinking ALOT more water, and got myself a gym membership where i do cardio 3 times a week, strength 2 times a week and yoga once a week. My starting weight was at 197 and I didn't see much of a difference until after the first month. I also started doing the small things, I parked further away from work so I was forced to walk an extra 30 minutes a day and only ever took the stairs. I think if you change your lifestyle and stick to it, then you should be able to loose the weight no problem! Good luck! :)
  • staylor1974
    staylor1974 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There are different ways to lose weight. Eat less, exercise more or intermittent fasting or Low Carb/High Fat or Keto, etc. etc. Goal is to keep your insulin low and have your body burn fat for fuel. Do some research on www.dietdoctor.com Great info in this site. Good luck!!!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    @lemonlionheart - OMG! That is the best flowchart! It needs to be the reply to EVERY "I'm not losing weight" post.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    @cee134 thank you for adding the flowchart to your post!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    You don't need to pay to lose weight. Start there.
  • 44to44
    44to44 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    You've been given lots of good advice in this thread already. I'll just add --don't fixate on that one dress. You can find a dress that you look amazing in *now*, and that will remove the stress of your self-imposed deadline with an unrealistic weight loss goal and you can just enjoy your gram's party. I buy lots of dresses that are very forgiving of a 10-15 lb weight fluctuation (I like a fabric with a bit of stretch up top, fitted to the waist or just above, with a flowy skirt, but your body shape might look better in something different). That way, if you're down 10 lbs by then or what have you, it'll still look good. Also, lots of dresses with simpler shapes are really easy to take in as you lose more. Good luck!

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

Best of luck.

Start packing food for your day. I pack breakfast, lunch, and a snack for while I'm at work. That way I stay in my calorie goal. I generally eat the same thing a day, I'll switch it up every once in awhile, but I will switch with something within the same calorie amount.

If you don't have one already, get a digital scale, they cost about 10-15 bucks on Amazon or you can get one at Target.

Realistically, you'll probably lose between 8-12 pounds. I recommend thinking of a different outfit, or if that dress is that important maybe buy some shape wear to help you fit into it for the evening and then lose the weight so you can fit into it all on your own.

Good luck OP!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Stop paying for weight loss programs or gyms. Drop the idea of losing weight fast. Don't diet to fit a too small dress.
    1. Set up your calorie goal for free with my fitness pal. Input your age, height, weight, daily activity level and a goal of losing not more than 2 lbs a week. 1 lb a week may be easier to stick to.
    2. Log everything you consume in the food diary. Eat the calories mfp tells you to. You can eat normal foods and lose weight as long as you stick to your calorie goal.
    3. If you exercise (not your normal activity) log it and eat a portion of the exercise calories.

Sustainable weight loss takes time and patience.
    You might lose 20 lbs in a healthy, sustainable way in 3-5 months.

Walking is free and easy exercise. You Tube has a lot of free workout videos as well.

This. If you want extra support, tell US your height, weight, age, daily activity and goal. And we'll make some suggestions, better so if your diary is, indeed open.
    Without knowing your current stats, it's all hypothetical, as far as I'm concerned.