True or False?

Options
Ok in 7 day stretch say if you go under your calories say 5 days - exercise everyday would you be able to splurge to a extent 2 days - meaning does it REALLY all balance out in a weeks time?

Example- I happen to always go way under net calories during the weekdays but find more time to eat when my husband is home on weekends and have a tendency to go over a 100 or so calories ..opinions?

PLEASE tell me I make sense on what I am asking - Reason I ask this is I always hear it all works out in the end .......

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Being within 100 calories of your suggested intake on either side is absolutely fine.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I think it is absolutely fine. There are some days I am 200-400 UNDER but the next day I'll be really hungry and will be 200-400 OVER, so I figure it all works out in the end. :)
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    That's a good question. I suppose as long as you're not continually putting yourself in starvation mode nor going 3500 calories over your limit every week then you're okay. I'd ask a nutritionist though.
  • estepteau
    estepteau Posts: 146
    Options
    I say it all balances out at the end. I too eat more than I usally do on weekends than during weekdays and I have been still consistently losing weight
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Some weight loss programs actually build this feature into their program. It's a form of zigzagging is what I figure. I tend to eat lighter during the week and higher calories on the weekend. I think it balances out.
  • md921
    md921 Posts: 8
    Options
    Congratulations! you just lost another 50 calories worrying about this. You're fine ! :-)
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    honestly, you would be the best one to answer this question. has this been your habbit for a while?? are you losing weight while doing this?? i tend to eat more on the weekends and am a few hundred under durring the week and i am losing weight still. so i say it all evens out in the end!!
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    2 - 3 = -1 I'm counting on the net result theory...

Hollycat