Here we go again

Options
Hey! My names bobbie and I have decided to start counting my calories again! I have done this before and lost quite a lot of weight but now it's all creeped back up! How do you all stay motivated? Finding it so hard the second time round! :( any tips would be great!

Replies

• Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Feeling better and getting back to smaller sizes.
  • Myki3012
    Myki3012 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are. What's one of your goals?
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Bobbie! I guess my motivation is to be able to fit in my clothes again. Getting tired of the same 2-3 pairs of pants and stretchy (forgiving) skirts at work and yoga pants the rest of the time. The last time I gained weight, I decided I wasn't buying bigger clothes, I'd just have to lose the weight. And once it's off, I can buy some new cute stuff. So, my motivation is a) clothes that fit and b) shopping! Also, the extra weight exacerbates my asthma (of course, then the asthma makes it hard to work out, so they feed each other), so I'm hoping to improve that.
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I think motivation comes from within yourself. What is it you want. For me, I know I need to lose the weight to be healthier, I don't like the way I look in pictures, or more importantly the way I feel at this weight. I'm back yet again and again and again. I've won't say I have successfully lost weight because I have a bad habit of thinking I can do this without measuring and weighing my food and I gain back the weight. I, like melaniedscott said, last time I lost the weight I got rid of everything that was too big and I mean everything. Now I have pants that are too tight to wear and I really don't want to buy any new clothes that are bigger in size, but I may have to if I am not losing enough by the time the weather gets colder.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hey! My names bobbie and I have decided to start counting my calories again! I have done this before and lost quite a lot of weight but now it's all creeped back up! How do you all stay motivated? Finding it so hard the second time round! :( any tips would be great!

I am doing the same. What got me was looking at pictures taken when I was 20, and realizing how much I have gained weight and how tired I have become only 10 years later. My motivation comes from realizing what I really want, and it came in the form of realizing what I have lost. Sometimes you will lose motivation to keep heading towards your goals, and you need to remind yourself why you set them in the first place. Not just by telling yourself, though, it needs to be an ah-ha moment if you have completely derailed.