Hello. My name is Britney, and I am addicted to food.

Options
Here I am. Opening up to the reality that I've been trying to hide, but is haunting me- I'm fat. I currently weigh 303, and I'm miserable. I've tried losing weight before, and I get to a certain point and quit. This must be a lifestyle change. So here is to a new start!

Replies

• faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi Britney, welcome aboard! It's fantastic that you've made this first step. Just remember it's not a race, it will take time and it won't always be easy but it will be worth it. There are hundreds of supportive people here and lots of great advice (lots of not so great advice too but you'll soon figure it out) so use MFP to your advantage ;)

Best of luck in your journey :)
  • tabata1991
    tabata1991 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Britney! :)

I know how you feel since I weigh around the same amount as you. I've just started my journey and I completely agree with you , this has to be a lifestyle change. Focus on your health and in what is best for you! You can add me if you want! Best of luck!
  • BigTra
    BigTra Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello Britney!!!!! Welcome u are so brave and u can do this. I have been where u are. Start small. Focus on your health and what works for u. I wish u luck.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    This is really easy for men and just as easy and only a little more frustrating for women because of the monthly cycle. Learn from women who've successfully lost, and they are all over this place, how to handle the cravings during your time of month. Once you get that big beast tamed, the rest is a piece of cloud bread.
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. It's true like someone above said it's not a race. I was once about 250 and at 5'2 that was a lot of me. I lost down to 120 but it took me almost 2 years. I am at 135 now but it's a struggle daily for me to eat the right foods and get in the amount of exercise in need. Just remember it's more about what you eat..it doesn't matter how much you exercise if you are not eating the right foods..believe me i know :)
  • FromFattie2Fittie
    FromFattie2Fittie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi Britney! I sent you an add :) I am 24 and currently 233...my goal is 150. You can do this, girl! It will be very hard but so worth it. I am here to support you! :) I am very active on here as well
  • lisabridwell
    lisabridwell Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Britney, Congratulations on opening up and taking this first step! You've come to the right place as you can get a lot of support on MFP. After several years of off-and-on logging on MFP, I finally friended others and the support is truly gratifying! Not sure if food addition can happen to everyone, but I'm sure it's what caused me to gain so much weight this last year. What works for me, might not work for you, but I'll send you a message to tell you how I got started. No matter what plan you choose, I encourage you to be consistent on MFP. I have friends who have logged everyday for years and it's the thing keeping their weight were it needs to be. I never imagined keeping a food journal every day for years, but now I'm convinced it's as important as anything else. We keep a calendar with appointments everyday, and we track time all throughout the day. If we were as aware of our calorie intake and calorie burn as we are time and days, we probably wouldn't be overweight! I've joined the thousands of folks on MFP who believe that... I hope you'll join us too! Good luck Britney! I have a feeling you're going to do great!
  • Rexy_p
    Rexy_p Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! Have got 30 kgs to lose1