New to myfitnesspal

Options
Hi, Yesterday I stumbled across this site and I think I already love it. I gained 60 lbs with each of my 3 pregnancies. I always lost the weight but my last baby is 2 1/2 years and I'm struggling with this last 10-15 lbs. Maybe it's b/c I'm getting closer to 40? I feel like I've been eating right with a ton of fruits/vegetables/lean meats and work out at least 3 times a week and my weight is stuck. I'm hoping by logging everything that goes in my mouth I'll have an idea why I can't cut these last pounds. Question....when you log exercise time does this site add calories that you can intake? :smile:

Replies

• Hi, Yesterday I stumbled across this site and I think I already love it. I gained 60 lbs with each of my 3 pregnancies. I always lost the weight but my last baby is 2 1/2 years and I'm struggling with this last 10-15 lbs. Maybe it's b/c I'm getting closer to 40? I feel like I've been eating right with a ton of fruits/vegetables/lean meats and work out at least 3 times a week and my weight is stuck. I'm hoping by logging everything that goes in my mouth I'll have an idea why I can't cut these last pounds. Question....when you log exercise time does this site add calories that you can intake? :smile:
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Welcome :smile:

I think you'll find this a great spot for support and motivation. Yes, the site does add in calories when you log your exercise in.

I'm way past the 'baby' stage but I too find losing weight much more difficult and I'm just on the other side of 40 (43).

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Question....when you log exercise time does this site add calories that you can intake? :smile:

Yes it does!

You can totally do this! I think this site is VERY helpful on making us aware of how we can change things. And it provides the motivation and support that everyone wants! So, I wish you the best of luck and let us know if there is anything you need!!

*Kistinbee*
  • So if I jog for an hour I can actually eat more? Wow....b/c I get hungry by evening and an extra something during the day might be just what I need so I don't do the bingey thing late night! :laugh:
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Now, now, no bingey thing late at night......

But by all means if you are exercising be sure to consume your alloted calories in a healthy manner.

:flowerforyou:
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I second everything the others have said. This site has been like a miracle for me!
    And yeah--my colleague and I just ran during lunch and he made me run longer and faster than I normally do and then he felt pressured to swim because I was, and after logging that all in, the end result is that I can eat an extra burrito today. (This thrills me for some reason.)
    Burn calories - eat calories - burn calories - eat calories. One thing I've learned in the past three weeks that I've been using this site is that you HAVE to make sure to eat enough! It's been great.
    Good luck!