Love Zumba... but now what?

Options
I have been doing the Zumba videos at home for a couple of weeks... and I love the Live party (the ones where they teach you the steps bore me, and i do not get a great workout). I tried the Zumba abs last night and loved it too. My question is what else is out there that might be good to try. I can feel that the affect of my workout is not as good as it once was, and it is becoming routine.

Any thoughts on what to do next?

Thanks for any help!

I have only 9 more lbs to go to reach my first major goal... :happy:

Replies

• MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    I haven't tried the Live thing that you were talking about. I loved doing the Cardio Party DVD but after doing it alot I started to feel like it wasn't as hard either. That's when I decided to do the whole work-out using hand weights. Just one way to add in some resistance and make it more challenging. ;-)
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried Turbo Jam?
  • danieljallen86
    danieljallen86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My sister does this workout and really enjoys it:

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/hip_hop_abs.do
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Turbofire and Insanity are awesome workouts! I just started Insanity and it is kickin my butt! Turbofire I still do 2-3 times a week to supplement easier days on Insanity =)
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing...then I joined LifeTime Fitness and went to an actual group Zumba class --- 100% different and a way better workout! Plus you meet people who keep you accountable...It's a lot more fun than doing it alone. Our classes are all with the lights out so it feels like a dance party -- I have a lot of video workouts but they all bore me to death :(
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing...then I joined LifeTime Fitness and went to an actual group Zumba class --- 100% different and a way better workout! Plus you meet people who keep you accountable...It's a lot more fun than doing it alone. Our classes are all with the lights out so it feels like a dance party -- I have a lot of video workouts but they all bore me to death :(

This is what I was going to say, are you able to go to a live class??? I am not sure I would like having the lights out though...lol.
  • itsirk1978
    itsirk1978 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of the tips! I really find it hard to get out of the house to go to a real class because of my kids. I usually do my workouts when my kids and husband(he works a very early shift) have all gone to bed at night, and though I could leave the house once they are all asleep by then it is 9 or 10 and I doubt there are classes that late. :)

I have been wanting to try insanity - but just hate the thought of putting all that money out there for something I am not sure if I will like enough to follow through with. A friend told em to check out the workout videos on netflix, and i have some coming from there.

Thanks so much!! :)
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    try your library, too!