Success followed by failure!!

Options
Hi, I'm Nate and I started my fitness pal in June but stoped after a week. I have decided to start again because I really need to lose weight. Two years ago I was 80lbs lighter than I am now. I have always been a big guy weighing around 300 lbs. Then I started to work out constantly and eat right to maintain a weight at about 220 lbs. That went on for a few years untill one of my best friends died I guess I used that as an excuse to not work out anymore. Now two years and some change later I am weighing around 320 lbs. I find it hard to start eating right and working out again because I feel as if I am starting all over. However, after looking at some pictures of my self from a couple of years ago, I am ready to start from square one again. I guess that is my introduction and I am glad I have stumbled upon My Fitness Pal.

Replies

• BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • PST0622
    PST0622 Posts: 115
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!! You can do this!!!!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nate!!
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place with lots of motivation! Best wishes on your journey!
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Just remember u have done it once so u definitely can do it again! Good luck!
  • Fitzgeraldguy
    Options
    You can do it dude.

Best.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    it never failure till you stop trying babes. trust me it took me 10 million times until i got it right and you know what i won the battle but i still am fighting the war so congrats for still going.!!:smile:
  • koylefam
    koylefam Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Loss of a loved one is a hard thing. I lost a baby in March, and while part of me wanted to give up I just keep reminding myself. "What would she want for me?" Think of your friend what would that person be saying or wanting for you..... You can do this..... feel free to friend me
  • Just_Bethy
    Just_Bethy Posts: 272
    Options
    This site is so easy to use! And the people ROCK..Like you I lost a lot of weight back in '06 but gained it back and than some after a nervous breakdown..But I am losing it ..again..and so will you! THIS time we are in it for GOOD!! Healthy!! LIFE CHANGING!! xxxx
  • southrenlady
    southrenlady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    welcome an you are going to succeed in this, think of it as not starting over but just starting... clean out all the unwanted junk foods an that way you wont be so temped ... you have a ton of support here so lets us be your cheer leaders LOL
  • nateb1983
    nateb1983 Posts: 6
    Options
    Umm Thanks y'all I didn't expect such a reply but it helps. Peace