Goal: Lose 65 lbs in 9 months

Options
Morning!!

My goal is to lose 65 lbs. through healthy eating and exercise. I'm 5'10", female, age 50.
Please add me as friend.

Thanks,
Carolyn

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    That is two pounds a week. Not unreasonable, if you're significantly overweight, but if you're 65 from goal, it will be difficult. The general rule of thumb is .5 pounds per week for every 15 to 25 pounds you're overweight, up to two pounds per week. Anything more (i.e., faster rate) and it becomes hard to maintain a balance between calories, nutrition, and satiety. As you get closer to goal, that 1000 calorie deficit you can maintain when you're 75 pounds over goal becomes untenable when you're only ten pounds overweight, hence your loss rate goes down.

Instead of a "lose x by y" goal, instead focus on making daily and weekly goals, like "eat x calories deficit in y timeframe". Sustainable and responsible weight loss sticks.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Guidelines are just that. We are all individuals and need to find what will work for each of us.

I lost the first 100# in 7 months, the last 60 in 13 months, and have been maintaining my loss for 34 months and counting. I have done this with my dr's blessing and supervision for the entire time. I will be 65 at the end of this month.

Best of luck to you!