Anyone on the 17 DAY DIET ?

Options
SO im reading the 17 day diet now. I wanted to see if anyone else is on this diet and if you enjoy this diet? If so how much have you lost so far doing this diet? Maybe even some pros and con

Replies

• Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a while. I lost about ten pounds on the first cycle, but I'm doing my own rendition of cycle two now.
  • Revolutionwithin
    Revolutionwithin Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm interested in hearing about this too. My mom wants me to get the book for her, so I'd like to hear from anyone else that has done it.
  • kellicarter11
    kellicarter11 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    what is it? Details?
  • FitNHappy0261
    Options
    bump
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Options
    Honestly, I cannot think of any cons besides not having ANY starches the first 17 days. It gets pricey with all the goods, but it's worth it. Cycle two slowly enters in certain starches [Baby Lima beans, chickpeas, etc]. I personally like it, but I don't want to restrict myself from sugar free pudding or jello. :-/
  • FKat
    FKat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was on 3 days diet , first time i lost 8 pounds and sec. time 6 pounds . Right now i am stuck 111 for over 4 weeks , my body wont let me lose anymore i wanted to reach 105 . Maybe you should try but you must follow it correctly.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    bump
  • navywife33
    navywife33 Posts: 31
    Options
    My SIL did it... lost 13lbs. But she's upset because she didn't really drop any sizes.... I kept telling her to work out as well. I don't know how she's doing with the 2nd part of the diet... but she followed the 17 days to the book, no variation.
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am on the 17 day diet, on Cycle 2 and loving it! I start cycle 3 on Monday next week, So far I've lost just over 4kgs or about 9 pounds.
  • kathyhughes3
    Options
    I am loving the 17 day diet so far. I have followed it to the letter and it has been easy as long as I remember to buy the foods I need. I am saving so much money by making my own lunch and bringing it to work compared to eating out (not to mention the gas money). It is a nice side benefit, but the best thing is it got me off my behind and out walking for exercise. I am on cycle 3 day 1.
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I am on day 10 of cycle 1 and like it. I have a lot more energy. The first week I had a lot of cravings but this week I am having less and less of them. I was skeptical when my Mom told me about it but figured I would give it a try and am happy I did. My first week I lost a little over 3 pounds. i was hoping to lose more but it is also but I think I had some personal factors in there too.
  • redtalent
    redtalent Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Now my question is, how quickly will all the weight come back once you're off it? Does the last cycle let you eat all foods or does it still restrict you? I can't be restricted for long because I know I won't stick to it and I'll gain it all back!
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I was skimming ahead and there are more additions in each 17 day cycle. I have a problem with being restricted for too long and so far I am doing ok just because I am determined to make the 17 days. I really needed a structured diet to get a jump start. I am really hoping the weight does not come back on.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Options
    Now my question is, how quickly will all the weight come back once you're off it? Does the last cycle let you eat all foods or does it still restrict you? I can't be restricted for long because I know I won't stick to it and I'll gain it all back!

First cycle restricts ALL starches.
    Second cycle give you some to choose from.
    Third, add in more starches.
    The fourth cycle will tell you to do either of the cycles you like during the week and eat what you want in moderation in the weekend. Pretty easy to follow. If you google the 17 DD you can actually find the food lists.
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Here is a web site that offers all the details and the food allowed on each cycle...hope it helps :)
    http://www.17daydietblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/17-Day-Diet-Guide.pdf
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    Here is a web site that offers all the details and the food allowed on each cycle...hope it helps :)

Thank you for that, I printed it so I could have it handy instead of toting the book around!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Thinking of trying this diet....just went to

This gives pretty thorough instructions about the diet....good luck everyone...
  • bvannetten
    bvannetten Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the comments!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I printed off some food lists I found onine and purchased the 17 Day ebook but haven't read it yet. Today is cycle 1, day 1...and so far so good....