Dating and weightloss/recomp

Options
I'm single and in my late 20's, living in a lovely metroplitan area. I'm typically high protein high fat, HIIT lift, allthethingz outside. Most of the times I'm SO OVER dating, but right now I'm into it and its been fun.

When I say dating I don't mean "I have a boyfriend and he makes me eat bad."

I mean "I am meeting NEW people (constantly) and going out for drinks" - in a city you could literally fill every day with a date- I'm not doing that because it sounds really exhausting and unfun, but I'd like to meet someone and I really LIKE the process of meeting someone for a drink.

I have tried lots of alternatives:
  • meeting for a coffee instead
  • having one drink and QUICKLY leaving when they turn out to be lame (no wasting drinks on lame men...
  • going for a walk/exploring a park

still, when getting to know someone better who you don't really know, I appreciate loosening up a bit. Oh, and I LOVE dark beer, I just love it. A vodka soda just doesn't always really hit the spot for me.

I'm not necessarily asking for any advice, mostly I'm just curious if any of ya'll out there are dating and if you have any strategies that you employ to keep you in check while you meet new people.

Replies

• lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I don't date so much as go out with people I already know.
    Something happened about 3 months ago where people started suggesting activities in actually want to do (little jog, daytime cinema, yoga, gym). It was really strange.
    Good though.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    Are you asking about the drinking? Because of the calories, or? I mean one dark beer a few times a week can be fit in your plan with all the exercise you are getting, right?

No one will make you drink, though. Plain soda with lime is an acceptable substitution...if I'm understanding the dilemma.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I've had way too many beers with my bf on the weekends when he's off from work. If it was just me by myself, I definitely wouldn't drink alcohol on a weekly basis, but it's kinda fun to go out to places with someone special. I basically could just drink soda or water, but I kinda like beer... A lot...
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Old married guy, but maybe thoughts on the drinks will help . . . since you like dark beer, Guinness Draught is delicious and one of the lowest calorie beers widely available that isn't some light lager. 125 Cals per 12 oz, so 166 cals per pint (US). It's low cal partly because it's lower alcohol (4.2%), so it might also allow you to quaff a few with a new date without risking getting a bit too tipsy.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »
    Old married guy, but maybe thoughts on the drinks will help . . . since you like dark beer, Guinness Draught is delicious and one of the lowest calorie beers widely available that isn't some light lager. 125 Cals per 12 oz, so 166 cals per pint (US). It's low cal partly because it's lower alcohol (4.2%), so it might also allow you to quaff a few with a new date without risking getting a bit too tipsy.

St_Patrick_s_Day_2171387b.jpg
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Well, if I were just looking to loosen up, like you mentioned, I'd just drink liquor straight. If I were looking for something to hit the spot and that thing were beer, like you also mentioned, I'd just figure out how to fit it into my daily calories.