Weight Loss Help *Water Rentention*

Options
Lately I've been feeling bloated. I do my cardio workouts in the gym and at home. I make some room for cheat meals but overall I count calories and keep within a limit. I drink alcohol once a week. I drinks lots of water, 80oz or more per day on average. I drink lemon water hot or cold. How can I get back on track to feeling slim and rid my body of excess water retention? I felt good in the 230-235 on range. Over the past few months I've been in the 240-250 range. It swings week to week even with a consistent meal prep plan and workout plan. Need help! I'm M 28 5'10"

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Sodium can cause water retention.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    What makes you think this 10 pounds swing is all water? this is a huge amount to swing between in my opinion and doing this for months as you say in your OP. BUT, if you are are doing high carb, high sodium, larger volume cheat meals then this may be part of the problem.

• BobbyBooSh4y
    BobbyBooSh4y Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    drop fat, and you will feel slimmer. If you are active you may want to take a look at the foods you are eating. Some foods can cause bloating, so maybe try changing some of the food around. IF you are eating big and heavy meals that could also cause bloat...are you eating dairy?
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    drop fat, and you will feel slimmer. If you are active you may want to take a look at the foods you are eating. Some foods can cause bloating, so maybe try changing some of the food around. IF you are eating big and heavy meals that could also cause bloat...are you eating dairy?

in after zyzz
  • BobbyBooSh4y
    BobbyBooSh4y Posts: 15 Member
    Options

in after zyzz

We're all gonna make it brah
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Have you started doing or eating anything different at about the same time as the bloated feeling?

For instance, I started using a standing desk about a month ago. Standing for many hours a day caused excess water retention during the work week and caused the strange phenomenon of weekend weight loss only as the stress of standing was relieved on weekends.
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options

I eat dairy but in small doses. Yogurts and a little cheese here and there. Great point. I log my food so I need to check my macros for fat intake. I workout 3 or 4 times a week, cardio based. I hardly eat heavy meals. If I did I would gain all of my weight back. After trying in clothes from last year earlier, I definitely added at least 5lbs of fat. Thanks for your advice.
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Have you started doing or eating anything different at about the same time as the bloated feeling?

For instance, I started using a standing desk about a month ago. Standing for many hours a day caused excess water retention during the work week and caused the strange phenomenon of weekend weight loss only as the stress of standing was relieved on weekends.

Its prob sodium ridden foods. I've been going out to eat, mainly tuna grinders and fried hot wings, even though portioned still might be causing gain even with a regular exercise plan.