Exercise Diary?

Options
Hey! I was wondering if you dont add exercise that you did to your diary if that is a good idea or not? I dont add my exercise and hope it wont mess me up later o.O Thanks!

Replies

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    It's a good idea to eat back a portion of your burned calories. Based on that fact alone... I'd log it.... So you know how much to eat back
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It depends. MFP is meant for you to eat back at least a portion of your exercise calories. You may lose faster not logging it, but you also may stand to lose more muscle and/or not give your body enough fuel. If your exercise is consistent, you may want to consider using a TDEE calculator to figure out how much to eat including exercise calories, which then you would not need to log.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    you can always add the exercise to track it, but change the calories burned to zero (or whatever lesser amount you choose)
  • Brandi92809
    Brandi92809 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will add it and see what happens :)
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I never log exercises to my mfp log. in my opinion MFP gives average that are based on a large population pool. Everybody's going to exercise at different intensity levels.

During my weight loss process I never lock the exercises. It help me lose the weight a little quicker I'd say out of the 80 pounds I lost maybe 10 pounds were due to exercise. After I went into maintenance I probably lost another 12 pounds trying to figure out my maintenance work vs activity level.

Remember use mfp as a guide. It's not the Bible. Part of the process of being successful with this is educating yourself learning it's like going to school. Good luck in your journey
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    MFP (as a whole) is not accurate with the caloric tallying. As such, I would be very cautious about putting any real significance behind the number(s) you may see.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    MFP (as a whole) is not accurate with the caloric tallying. As such, I would be very cautious about putting any real significance behind the number(s) you may see.

Endomondo, Strava, Garmin Connect, Fitbit, Polar, Moove, S-Health, iHealth, and even MyFitnessPal .... all of those use different Caloric burn logarithms to factor what you're burning. None of them are accurate. The trick is pick one use it for a few weeks and see what happens with your scale/fitness and adjust accordingly.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories yet. I have a large fat storage that keeps me fueled so far. If I start experiencing fatigue then I will re think it.
  • Brandi92809
    Brandi92809 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! :)