30 day shred and soreness

Options
Annadel
Annadel Posts: 146 Member
i have gradually moved upto level 3 and am not liking it. my muscles are getting sore after about a day. i have pain in both my arms, armpits all the way to shoulders. normal ? i use 2 lbs weights. i almost had a faint pain in my chest which freaked me out....

Replies

• Dramatic456
    Dramatic456 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with P90X I got some epsom salts from the pharmacy and took a bath which helped a lot with the sore muscles. Also Ben Gay or Absorbine can help really sore spots. I just started the 30 day shred and I'm using 8lb weights, so I definitely feel your pain. You may want to try extra stretching before and after your shred workout ( I find extra stretching always helps.) When I was doing P90x I also laid on a heated blanket as if it were one giant heating pad ;) Good luck, hang in there. Muscle soreness means its WORKING :)
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    did youg do each level for the full 10 days..if you did you should have built up endurance and strength 2lb weights are't that heavey to cause pain.Maybe you form isn't right ..or maybe you need to check with your doctor to get cleared for excerise
  • Annadel
    Annadel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i think its my form. i have a slightly hunched back and my neck/back everything hurts..