One more time :(

Options
Briacha
Briacha Posts: 160 Member
Hi everyone. I need some help, please. Ive been up and down and now Im at my highest and have some medical issues as well. I cannot fail again. Yell at me if you have too please

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I hear ya on medical issues.. I have hypertension I'm hoping to get under control with weight loss. I've been at this a bit over a year now, and I'm now down nearly 35 pounds. My diary is open, so feel free to add or stalk.
  • nursejennyk
    nursejennyk Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm back again so I feel ya
    I was on a great path last year and even lost more weight in a two week trip to Montreal. Then I got home and school started for my kids and my husband had to move to another state for a job without family. Stress! I threw all progress out the window and gained it all back adding an extra 5 pounds
    I'm back here in MFP and it feels like a comfy pair of slippers. I'm just hoping I don't become too rigid about it
    Good luck and friend me. I'd love to offer some moral support
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Briacha wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I need some help, please. Ive been up and down and now Im at my highest and have some medical issues as well. I cannot fail again. Yell at me if you have too please

I don't think yelling is okay. You need to set yourself up for success. To lose weight you have to be consistent, but kind. Log your food, eat well (enough food, food you like, food that is good for you), hit your calorie goal every day, don't cheat, don't forget, don't give up.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Briacha wrote: »

I'm back at it again too. Know that you are not alone. Lots of people have the ups and downs and when you battle medical issues or mental issues like depression or anxiety that can affect your progress as well. Don't be too hard on yourself! Just take it one day at a time and each day is a new day to be that first day to a new you!
  • bugsypemberton
    bugsypemberton Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    One of the things that I am doing is learning what derails me. Here's the list so far:

1- sad moments. When my dog died I went into a depression. More because of the circumstances of his death than anything else;

2- bullying. At 61 I find there are still people out there- especially on the internet- who will try to bully you.

3- vacations. Don't think I need to elaborate on this one!

4- injuries and sickness (it's okay to eat perrogies if you have the stomach flu, after all, it runs through you before the calories can take, right?)

5- cravings (she says sitting here looking at a pack of trident gum vs. a box of meringues).

I read somewhere, a long time ago, that if you locate your trigger points, you've solved a good hunk of the problem. The next hunk, however, has to do with course of action.

• greeneyedmary
    greeneyedmary Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm back at it too! Had a surgery in the Spring - took time off from everything :( I decided TODAY, I'm creating a MFP account and going to do this. Needing motivation - I'll be your support, too. :)
  • mandy462
    mandy462 Posts: 17 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Count me in on the back on the wagon train.
    bugsypemberton, I like that id'ing trigger points idea - I can work on that in therapy. Thanks for sharing!

Of course starting off with a huge corn muffin probably isn't the right way to begin, but I'm just tidying up the cupboard, right?? :D

Anyone know of any really great, motivating groups in here?