Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for friends who need to lose 100 lbs :)

Hi,

I have been an on again off again user of MFP for a couple of years. Successful then fall of the wagon, etc. A story most of us are familiar with!! Well, I going through my medical records and one doctored put down :Morbid(severe) Obesity" on my chart and then it really hit me!!! Now, most would not consider me top be morbidly obese...however, I am extremely overweight!!
I go in for surgery on Oct 21 for severe carpal tunnel and then I have to have surgery for a torn rotator cuff. I want to get some weight off before the surgeries.
I tend to make weight-loss more complicated than it needs to be. SO...I am simply starting with recording every bite I eat and staying within my calorie range. K.I.S.S. :)
I would like to have a few friends with similar goals of losing 100 pounds. I am on a very limited budget as I am unable to work until after all my surgeries and sometimes my meals are created from food I get from the Food Bank. This makes it challenging as it is not always the most healthful.
I look forward to meeting some new accountability friend! Lisa

Replies

• kbarbier62
    kbarbier62 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Lisa, I am also back on MFP and have about 100 lbs to lose. I can use all the extra support I can get and would like to be there for you too! Let's do this!
  • LeanFitLisa
    LeanFitLisa Posts: 36 Member
    I sent you a friend's request :)
  • JennyMendoza1
    JennyMendoza1 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello Lisa
    I am extreme over weight and need to lose 150lbs and I also need all the support I can get and help other so we can do this together. :)
  • cheryladorr65
    cheryladorr65 Posts: 4 Member
    hey lisa i need to lose 150lbs i need all the support i can get. i just started MFP thursday sept 1st. so maybe we can do this together.
  • albaleticia136
    albaleticia136 Posts: 1 Member
    Hola Lisa soy de HONDURAS CENTROAMERICA yo soy una persona obesa y tambien tengo que perder mas de 100 libras ,deseo que tu operacion sea de exito y puedas sentirte mejor pronto cuenta con mi apoyo y mis oraciones y espero seamos amigas
  • 2y2k
    2y2k Posts: 41 Member
    Hey everyone! (: SO excited that you're about to embark on this exciting journey! I LOVE supporting & motivating people. I have about 97 lbs to lose. Anyone can feel free to add me! (:
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    All of you can add me. I started this year with the goal to lose 120 pounds. I have lost 92 so far. I am doing it and so can you.
  • DisruptedMatrix
    DisruptedMatrix Posts: 130 Member
    Oh!!! Add me! And I'll add you.

I started on my 100lb Weight loss journey today.

I have lost weight and fallen off the wagon before meeting my goal in the past but this time Is It.

I'm flat broke! I can't afford new workout clothes or kettlebells or a yoga Matt or all that fun stuff money can get you.I just have myself and my determination.

• 2MuchTyme
    2MuchTyme Posts: 129 Member
    140 to go here, add me? 4 weeks and 16 lbs
  • sarafoxx
    sarafoxx Posts: 2 Member
    I completely understand you! I went to the drs weeks ago and had the same thing morbidly obese
  • ceciliabeattie
    ceciliabeattie Posts: 10 Member
    Hi there I'm new just thought I would say hi
  • LeanFitLisa
    LeanFitLisa Posts: 36 Member
    I sent friend requests! Thanks!
  • I'm sending you a request!
  • P13C35
    P13C35 Posts: 38 Member
    I get ya seeing obesity on the chart then next question is always are you diabetic. Crap better change now!
  • airforceman1979
    airforceman1979 Posts: 94 Member
    Hello Lisa I have about 130 pounds still left to lose I fell off the wagon more times than I'd like to admit I'm also disabled so I can't do as much exercise as I would like and I know how that goes so if you'd like to ask me feel free
  • Saskhea
    Saskhea Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, i've lost 83.5lbs so far, just another 173.5 to go.... Here for the long haul
  • sungoddess337
    sungoddess337 Posts: 62 Member
    Would love to give and receive support. I too have little money and food chooses can be challenging. I still have right about 200 lbs. Look forward to this round being successful.
  • TorontoLass
    TorontoLass Posts: 14 Member
    Hello everyone,
    I'd like to join this group and I need to loose 150lbs. Every time I lose I gain more back when I give up (I'm sure you all know the story). I been vegan for over a year trying to reverse my diabetes with the result that I am now heavier than I've ever been in my life and I'm still a type II diabetic. So back to the drawing board and I've started walking on the treadmill (up to 20mins at a time) and I'm starting to use this MFP. I hope to be referred to local weight loss clinic. Clearly doing it on my own does not work well for me. I can through the day but when its bedtime and I'm hungry I just can't sleep and find myself filling up with carbs. Does anyone have any solutions?
  • JenHayford
    JenHayford Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hello everyone, My name is Jenand I would love to join as well. I have been vegan for 1 and have 110 lbs.to lose. I am new to MFP and have no idea how to add people/friends to please feel free to add me. I would love to be a part of a group that can give and receive support.
  • KCHolloway
    KCHolloway Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone, Kacey here. A co-worker told me about this site. I'm new here and kind of stumbling around in the dark. Not sure where to start I just know that I have to do something. Im down 45lbs and have stalled out i still have 150lbs more to go to reach my goals. I also would love to be part of a group that can give as well as receive support. I'd also love to make some new and lasting friendships so feel free to add me.