Losing salt bloat

Options
Hey all

I have been eating poorly on my vacation and want to do a quick little detox for my recently acquired salt bloat. Is there anything I can do for a 24 hour detox. Nothing extreme just something simple to help my bloated tummy come down?

Thanks so much!:)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just eat normally and drink loads of water.

Forget the detox
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Nope.. Stick to drinking some water, do this for 1 - 2- 3- days depending on how bad it is, and wait it out. It will work itself out.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Drink water and eat normally. Your body "detoxes" itself.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as a "detox", they're bunk. As others have already said, eat normally and drink water, the human body is more than adequately equipped to "detox" itself.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Plenty of fluids and plenty of patience. Just get back to your normal routine and your body will handle the rest :flowerforyou:
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Drink water and pee.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Drink water and pee.

By which I mean "drink water" and "urinate", not drink "water and pee". That would be gross.

lol
  • eque_price
    eque_price Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Drink water and pee.

By which I mean "drink water" and "urinate", not drink "water and pee". That would be gross.

LMAO!!
  • lovebirb
    lovebirb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    dandelion tea, helps urine out-put along with what everyone else said (lots of water!). Hope you had a great vacation!
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I like to use a diuretic like MHP's Xpel along with 1-2 gallons of water
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Adding the juice of one lemon along with cranberry juice to my bottle of water usually ensures a thorough water flush, as in peeing ever 20-30 minutes.
  • bmclogins
    bmclogins Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Time. Caffeine.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You could drink water which will balance out the salt which you will then shed through urination, but there is no need to call it a "detox". Salt isn't a toxin.

Or, in my opinion, you would probably be best off just not caring because it has no affect whatsoever on your health....it just will cause temporary water retention.