Dance workouts to do at home :)

Options
I love to dance but it is so hard for me to get to a gym to take the classes because of my weee little one! Does anyone have any suggestions of great dance aerobic workouts I can do from home?

Replies

• sisofhoo
    sisofhoo Posts: 26
    Options
    The Zumba dvd's are wonderful to do at home!
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Got a Wii? I LOVE Just Dance 2!
  • 0JuicyLucy0
    Options
    Im looking for more upbeat hip hop or something along that line! but thank you so much for the suggestion I tried zumba it was not my cup of tea :)
  • fourmenandalady
    Options
    Dancing with the Stars is a good one, too! If you have a X-box in the house Dance Challenge will have you tired of shaking it! Lol!

Lawanda
  • 0JuicyLucy0
    Options
    I do have a wii :) what does just dance 2 consist of?
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    If you have netflix their are some free dance workouts that you can stream,if you have on demand i think there are dance workouts,also exercise tv if you go to the website you can view some workouts there,oh and you said you like hip hop? there is a dvd called dance of the inches hip hop cardio,that is a really fun workout!
  • sarahemily86
    sarahemily86 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you have On Demand from either Comcast or Direct TV (I dont know if other providers have this available or not), but you can get on there and go to the Exercise TV channel and they have a Dance category... and it's all Free :)
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Zumba or any of the Wii Dance games ~ all excellent & FUN!!
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    If you have netflix streaming there are a few on there I really enjoy.

10 min solution: fat blasting dance mix (It's a 50 min video with 5 ten min segments)

Crunch: fat burning dance party.

There are more I just really like the instructor on those two.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I really like the Just Dance for Wii. It is so much fun. I tried Zumba but it wasn't for me either. Just Dance is easy to do, easy to follow and some really great songs. I would start with Vol 1 then move on to Vol 2. But I don't think it matters really.
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Just Dance for Wii has songs by Katy Perry, Brittany Spears, CIndy Lauper, etc, it is very fun and you burn a good amount while doing it!!
  • 0JuicyLucy0
    Options
    it sounds like just dance for Wii might be calling my name :) THank you so much everyone :)
  • Windress
    Windress Posts: 22
    Options
    I've really enjoyed the Dancing with the Stars Cardio Workout DVD! It features Ashly Costa, Kym Johnson, and Maksim Chmerkovsy, who will teach you the step by step moves for the Paso Doble, The Cha Cha, the Samba, and the Jive. It's fast paced, but tons of fun, and the moves are something you can use on the dance floor at a later time!

I also have really gotten a great work out following along to the "Dance with Julianne" DVD, featuring Julianne Hough. She's an upbeat and athletic dance instructor, and you almost end up feeling like you're performing in a drill team! It will make you sweat!!
  • jgdragonfly411
    Options
    I have Core Rhythms which is Salsa style which is kindof fun, and I have Carmen Electra's Strip Tease workout dvds and those are super fun!
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Check out Tracy Anderson's stuff. I think all of her cardio is dance based. Not always the best instruction, but definitly a good workout. I have her first cardio dance video. A good video, but probably not for those lacking coordination or lacking dance skills.
  • robingalatian
    Options
    I to have the Wii and Just Dance 1 and 2.... I love them both....And my kids have a blast doing them too.... I think the levels are the same on both, just different songs...Best part for me is I can pick and choose the songs I want to dance too...;)
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    If you have netflix their are some free dance workouts that you can stream,if you have on demand i think there are dance workouts,also exercise tv if you go to the website you can view some workouts there,oh and you said you like hip hop? there is a dvd called dance of the inches hip hop cardio,that is a really fun workout!

Thanks for the suggestion! Never thought of looking on Netflix to stream my workout DVD's.
  • Hardemanwifey
    Hardemanwifey Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Some really good suggestions