Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Low Blood pressure ? dizzyness ?

For awhile Ive had dizzy times off and on but not a huge deal. I asked my doctor and she said eat more salt. Whatever......
anyway its been happening alot more lately so I took my blood pressure this morning and it was 88/54 It came up later in the day to more like 110/65 . is this low or ok ? ussually happens when I bend down even if I bend at the knees. Noramlly dont have much problem in zumba but I did notice it happening when we turned alot. Maybe I just have a bug going on .

Replies

• PST0622
    PST0622 Posts: 115
    It is NOT OK if you are having symptoms....dizziness....with it. I don't know how much you are restricting your salt, but you could also try drinking more fluids.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    If you're dizzy - go back to the doctor.

I have very low blood pressure (about 69/59) and I do have bouts of dizziness when it is very low. It can also cause a "spacey" feeling -- like you took too much cold medicine.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    I would listen to your doctor. That is a very low blood pressure. Sodium is given a bad name, but it is an ESSENTIAL nutrient! It's responsible for the majority of cellular processes in your body in some way! Having too low blood pressure can increase your risk of heart attack and stroke. Try increasing your sodium intake and see if it helps, just get it from natural sources like table salt instead of processed foods.
  • Ive been having dizziness for a long time. I went to my docotor and we did a Tilt Table Test and found out that I have Neurally Mediated Hypotension, which means when you make sudden movements or whatever, your blood doesnt flow fast enough to your brain which causes the dizziness, or in my case, blacking out. I definitely suggest more fluids and staying active, but you should see your doctor.
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    I have a pretty low blood pressure most of the time, and it becomes a big problem if I get the slightest bit dehydrated (especially easy to do during that special time of the month). Changing position (from sitting to standing, etc) sometimes causes me to pass out. Here's what I do: 1. constantly drink water. It's especially important for me to carry a small water bottle when I run. Yes, this was a pain at first, but now I don't even think about it. 2. warm up before doing a high-intensity workout, especially if it involves squats/jumps, or anything that changes the plane of my body. These are excellent exercises, but if I don't kickstart my blood pressure with a quick jog, I can pass out. 3. When I sweat a lot (like running outside in when it's hot), I eat something salty before and after. I like pumpkin seeds or pickles, which have the added benefit of not appealing to my husband (who has high blood pressure issues).

Hope this helps!
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Oh, my bp (on a good day) sits right around 100/65. I start feeling off when it dips under 90/60.
  • Iammelting
    Iammelting Posts: 64 Member
    Thanks I think I will get an appointment. I dont restrict salt at all Im sure Im eating more than enough. I will work on the fluid intake and see if that helps. It seems to have been a problem that comes and goes but since its gotten so much worse lately Ill get an appointment.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    I was also thinking that the dizziness may be due to anemia or iron deficiency. Just a suggestion to bring up with your doctor.

I also have dizziness when I stand up and sometimes I get tunnel vision for several seconds. It's getting worse during TOM. I'm going to the doctor next week about it.
  • Iammelting
    Hmm the iron thing is interesting because I do have chrones / colitis and weve been working on getting my ferritin iron levels up for a couple years but it is finally coming up after I pretty much researched myself and quit eating dairy , gluten and went vegan it mostly healed my gut so now I can finally absorb nutrients. My hair was all falling out and everything. Ill have my iron checked again . Lots of stress also so maybe that ties in somehow . Ill check my BP in the morning and see if its better. Maybe I get dehydrated at night .
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    That might be why kettlebells was so hard...the up and down?
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    I would also get a second opinion if the doctor just says to increase your salt intake. I don't think any of us are lacking in sodium.
  • Iammelting
    I did have some issues when she had us holding kettlebells above the head and going up and down but other days its no problem. Todays much better I was 105/64 and i think thats ok I went to zumba and no problems . Seems to come and go as it pleases as long as its not dangerous I can live with it I guess. And if I pass out in your class you will know why :) just kidding
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    Go back to your doctor. Could be either your bp or anaemia playing up. I have low bp and need to drink loads of fluids or I get the e dizzy as well. I dont restrict sodium in my diet either,just make sensible choices. Hope it settles extension you :-)