Know Your Why

Options
Why is this so important? For me? It's a few things. I want spiritual freedom. I want my lack of self control under the submission of The Lord. I want to see victory. I also want to grow old with my wife and watch my kids grow up. When this road gets hard... Think of your why.

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I want to be strong. Both in body and soul. I want to be the healthy fit grandma that lives happily and healthily till she's 99
  • MamaSooz89129
    MamaSooz89129 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    keahbone wrote: »
    Why is this so important? For me? It's a few things. I want spiritual freedom. I want my lack of self control under the submission of The Lord. I want to see victory. I also want to grow old with my wife and watch my kids grow up. When this road gets hard... Think of your why.

Your why is similar to mine - I decided Satan likes having me fat and tired because I am a less effective servant that way - so my why is to have more energy to love and serve as the Savior did, and spending quality time running around with my loved ones is the icing on the cake.
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    keahbone wrote: »

I very much agree with you on the spiritual side! Another why for me is losing my mother at the age of 14 due to a stroke (health related). I now have a 6 year old son and I don't want him to experience losing me like I've experienced losing my mother. I'm a single parent as well so I have to make sure I'm around for him as long as I possibly can be.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to brush my teeth without my stomach jiggling.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I want to look awesome naked.

Me too, but I also want to look good in clothes and be able to buy vintage stuff.

Lifting heavy weights makes me feel good (I'm not lifting ones that are all that heavy yet, but I will).

I love active vacations and feeling like my body will do what I want it to do whether running, hiking, biking, just walking around all day doing errands or (ugh) shoveling snow, etc.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, big arms don't work with vintage clothes usually.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I suspect at some point, that my disability'll put me; in a wheelchair & I don't have great upper strength, so I have to become the lowest healthiest weight possible; to ensure that I'll be able to lift & maneuver myself, when that occurs & also to make it easier, for someone else to; when I eventually'll be unable to.