Chai Tea Calories?

Options
I just walked to coffee beanery because I wanted to try a new tea. Well I got a indian spiced chai and told them no sugar or anything but, it came out so frothy i have a hard time believing there was no cream in there. Just curious if i consumed a crap ton of calories unwillingly? It didn't taste very sweet

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    While chai is traditionally made with milk, who knows if your place used cream or not. You will need to get the calories for your exact beverage from that establishment. Do they have a website?
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Google is your friend. Chai tea, by itself, is just spiced tea. Chai tea, if frothy and creamy, is probably a latte...

http://www.coffeebeanery.com/img/Beverage Nutritional Information-Ghirardelli with Milk Options.pdf

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Never had chai without some kind of milk or cream. Did you ask for it to be just sugar free or no milk too?
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Shells918 wrote: »
    Never had chai without some kind of milk or cream. Did you ask for it to be just sugar free or no milk too?

I told the lady no sugar. I could tell there was no sugar. Not sure if she put milk in there or what. Either way I walked over there and it's roughly a mile each way so I would hope that would cancel it out. It's just today I decided to start losing the last 10 pounds i've been procrastinating on and want to lose it before it starts to get cold and i need to wear long pants again. (live near chicago)
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    Google is your friend. Chai tea, by itself, is just spiced tea. Chai tea, if frothy and creamy, is probably a latte...

http://www.coffeebeanery.com/img/Beverage Nutritional Information-Ghirardelli with Milk Options.pdf

I don't think it was a latte. I ordered a medium loose tea. They put a bag with tea in there and I walked away and threw the bag away 5 minutes later. They had some machine that I think made it frothy but, didn't watch them make it. It was so frothy that the bottom of the cup was about 20% full of foam when i threw it away.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    it depends on how they make it. Many coffee shops buy a liquid concentrate that they mix with hot water. That stuff already has a ton of "other" things added in. If thats what they do, I would stay away, if they are making it fresh, then there shouldn't be much to worry about.

Now, as to your specific question.... if it looked like like a dark tea/weak coffee then all you had was tea. If it was any shade of white, it had some form of dairy put into it also.