cream of wheat

Options
does anyone eat it regularly? just curious as to... is it filling, nutritious, etc.. or what?

Replies

• rikisue206
    rikisue206 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think it is about 100 calories for one of the pre packed servings. I do oatmeal almost every day with just a shake of cinnamon and that seems to be pretty filling.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    YUM!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Yep. I eat it every single day as I HATE oatmeal with a passion I can not explain.

I buy the instant packages and I usually eat 2 a day (which is about 280 calories). It keeps me full for quite awhile (usually I have to kind of force myself to eat lunch because I'm still full from the cream of wheat for breakfast). :)
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Cream of Wheat is kind of like grits....Both are really good. filling, just don't over do it because it has high carbs. :D
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I haven't had it in awhile, but its NOM NOM NOM! lol Not sure about the nutritional facts, but I don't think it's bad for you.
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    mmmm, i love cream of wheat. i get the instant packets, i use milk, and then pop it in the microwave. sprinkle a little raw sugar on it, and sometimes add some dried fruit and or nuts. so tasty. as for nutrition, can't think of it off the toip of my head, but it's in the database, so just look it up. or look in my diary to breakfast about a week ago. i had cereal most of this week, hence you having to go back a week.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    My mom used to make me eat this when I was little. It made me cry. That is the extent of my cream of wheat knowledge.
  • faithfitnessandnutrition
    Options
    I switch between cream of wheat and steel cut oats, I also use almond milk when preparing it in the microwave.. its great and keeps me full. I usually add cranberries to mine for total calories of around 240-280 at breakfast.
  • PST0622
    PST0622 Posts: 115
    Options
    I love cream of wheat!!! I usually eat it with a little light butter and some fruit on the side!!! It is a great snack!!!
  • hunterzmomma
    hunterzmomma Posts: 121
    Options
    My mom used to make me eat this when I was little. It made me cry. That is the extent of my cream of wheat knowledge.
    HAHAHA!
  • tscaringelli
    tscaringelli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love cream of wheat! My fav is Brown Sugar although it has more carbs. But I always just make one packet at a time because most of the time I get too busy to have another packet and don't notice until lunch. That saves me the extra 130 calories. If you have the regular it is only 100 calories and you can add fruit if you like.
  • bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Even better than Cream of Wheat is CHOCOLATE MALTO MEAL! Im just sayin...
  • dleithaus
    dleithaus Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If you have never tried Quaker oat bran (hot) cereal ---- you should.
    Oat bran cereal has significantly more soluble fiber in it than cream of wheat... and I think you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the two.

Hot cereal is always a potential problem because of what you might add to it. I measure the sugar carefully and add a lot of cinnamon.
  • mowfaux
    mowfaux Posts: 38
    Options
    I eat the regular normal cream of wheat and sweeten it with a little bit of honey.. I cook mine with water

Here's the nutritional value: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/breakfast-cereals/1584/2
  • hunterzmomma
    hunterzmomma Posts: 121
    Options
    I eat the regular normal cream of wheat and sweeten it with a little bit of honey.. I cook mine with water

Here's the nutritional value: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/breakfast-cereals/1584/2
    thanks!