Sorry... I feel like an idiot asking, but...

Options
My fiance and I recently broke up and I REALLY could use some support and motivation :brokenheart: :sad:

Replies

• Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Im sorry to hear this!!! Things happen for a reason and you will get through this! I hope the best for you.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    You aren't an idiot.
    I still remember when my husband left-I just sat there for over an hour, unable/unwilling to think or move-I was just stunned.

Just take it easy. Cry. It's a big thing no matter who broke up with who or how well it was done.
    Don't blame yourself or him for anything right now. Later on, after you have some emotional distance you can look at your relationship with a little objectivity and try to take good and bad away from it. Right now it's too raw.

Get some local friends over if you can. Having people physically there really helps.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    why would you feel like an idiot for that? You are human...it is normal to want support after something bad happens...
  • heyitskellyheart
    Options
    First of all, I am so sorry! As hard as it may be, don't let yourself over (or under) eat! Be sure to take care of youself because that ultimately help you to feel better.
    As for the relationship, everything happens for a reason so let youself feel emotions. Don't hold what you feel inside. Let out the sadness in constructive ways. You can try crying :cry: , exercising, deep breathing, or writing! Don't hold it in.

Much love! :tongue:
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    What she said ^^^^^
    Make the best of your weightloss without a person who doesn't appreciate you sweetie!!!
  • Chelly02
    Chelly02 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    :( im so sorry to hear that! I recently just got out of a 3year relationship but DONT even think about going in the kitchen! Thats how i ended up on myfitnesspal.com lol -_- i gained 36 lbs because of emotional eating. Trust me, it will get easier as much as it sucks *kitten* right now there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Who knows maybe you guys will work it out and be 10x stronger.
    If not, theres a reason for everything and you might not like the reason but life sometimes throws curve balls and this may be a new chapter to something wonderful :D
  • sracaxaj
    sracaxaj Posts: 9
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better Italiana. Its a cliche but its true: whatever hurts you will make you stronger.

Since you asked for motivation too - I personally feel like nothing makes me feel stronger and more confident than getting a good work out and nothing makes me feel better taken care of than eating wholesome and nutritious (in moderation of course :-) )

Take care :flowerforyou:
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    very sorry t hear that!!! you will need some time, but you will recover
  • terena1
    terena1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Life is about us and only we can control our destiny. When bad things happen to us we are only setting ourselves up for something better. Grieve if you need to but then get on with finding that great thing around the corner that's waiting to happen. Sometimes the people in our lives are simply stepping stones to our happiness. Stay focused on you being happy and happiness will appear. I will keep you in my thought!
  • Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    Don't feel like an idiot things happen for a reason. Just make sure that you take of you right now. Things happen for a reason and you will have to take one day at a time. I have been in your shoes and I know right now you feel your world is crashing, but hang in there.

T
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the recent split!! I truly believe that everything happens for a reason and although we may not understand it while we are being forced to go through it, we can look back and things seemed to have fallen into place. The good news is that you are on here looking for support which is awesome!! Take this time to discover who you are, who you want to be, and what it will take to get you there. I wish you the best!!
  • queenstatus
    queenstatus Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    NO QUESTION ADD ME
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that, but you shouldn't feel like an idiot, just because you're asking for support. That's what we're all here for, to give each other the support and motivation we need that we may not find at home.
    My advice to you, is talk with someone or anyone you can. Don't keep your feelings inside. The more you express yourself, the better you'll feel. Stay away from the kitchen. Don't rely on food to help you feel better.

Lots of prayers for you :)
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    Don't apologize and don't feel like an idiot! Support comes in many forms!
    You are much better off alone loving yourself than with someone who didn't give you the love you deserve to begin with!

You will overcome this and be stronger for it. Keep eating right and exercising. Find an outlet for the emotions like writing, going to a therapist if you have to, get involved in something constructive!

And keep reaching out. Don't let it consume you. Ask for help when you need it. That's what we are all here for!

My heart goes out to you. Feel free to add me as a friend and keep your chin up.

We are here with you.
  • ska075751
    ska075751 Posts: 1
    Options
    The fact that you feel the pain only tells how invested you are in him. That is good. You have the capability to love. As an older woman I would like to give you some adivce that is for your choosing to consider. Imagine yourself at 50,000 feet above the rest of the world...you are looking down and see this strong woman who has dreams and visions for the future of how she can contribuite her talents each day to make life better for one person at a time. And let that soak in for a minute. Now - among the good friends that you currently have could you make goodness happen? And is the person that just exited your life the type that can make those happen? Would that person make the future better or worse?
  • kiminita
    kiminita Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Use your workout regimes as a way to vent and get all that frustration out, and yes CRY. It's normal. But you have to do YOU. Stay busy and do everything that you didn't do because you were cultivating this relationship. When one door closes, many others open. OR....my favorite: Good things fall apart so better things can fall together. <3
  • Gengstr
    Gengstr Posts: 3
    Options
    Strange as i sounds i remember getting thinner after breakups. i tend to loose my appetite. and even when single i found it easier to stay fit. whereas now that i have been in a relationship for a while i have gotten comfortable and started putting on weight.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just want you to know that I feel for you and I would be happy to be your friend on MFP to offer you motivation and support :0)
    Please feel free to add me.
    ~Hollie
  • lmmiller1
    lmmiller1 Posts: 45
    Options
    Am Sorry you are going through this...I know how you feel, I have been through a broken marriage and I promise you will get through this. Focus on the day to day things and it will get easier as time goes by. I am here if you need any support or need to ask any questions. I feel like I am an expert at this, you name it, I have been through it. Good luck, and remember I'm here if you need me:)
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    honestly, I am so tired of crying..... Just wanting time to pass so it won't hurt as bad....... I wanted to start focusing on myself for once :happy: