Help!

Options
I had a baby 12 weeks ago and I didn't put any weight on during my pregnancy at all. So as soon as I had the baby I weighed less than before. I took that to eat whatever o wanted because I'm breast feeding I was told I needed about 1500 calories extra a day to keep up with my baby. Well I gorges myself on crap! And now I am 2 1/2 stone heavier! I'm the worlds fussiest water and need help and motivation!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Well that must have been a big baby :o Usual recommendations is to add 500 calories for breastfeeding. Or maybe 1000 surplus calories per day for 12 weeks can account for your weight gain ;)

All you need to lose weight, is to consistently eat less than you burn. Set up your account here on MFP to lose 1% of your body weight per week. If you are still breastfeeding, add 500 calories for that.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I might be able to guide you on food choices if you give a short list of the foods you do like. Are you sensitive to texture, bitterness, anything else?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The good news is you don't need to eat or avoid certain foods to lose weight so fussy eating isn't a problem. You just need to eat less of the foods you like and usually eat. If you're still breast feeding, that takes about 500-600 calories per day so that's a pretty easy way to get a deficit. Just make sure you're still eating enough to nourish yourself, too.

Set up MFP with your personal information and follow the calorie guidance it gives you. It's almost always as simple as that.
  • giuliacarpenter
    giuliacarpenter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I might be able to guide you on food choices if you give a short list of the foods you do like. Are you sensitive to texture, bitterness, anything else?

Would you be able to help me? I have a 9.5week old and need go get back into it. No issues with textures etc, would like something easy as I have 2 other children I need go also cook for :)
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    Just curious, aren't you and your children eating the same foods and together?
  • giuliacarpenter
    giuliacarpenter Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Yes we eat together :) I just don't want something that take 2 hrs to make and super fancy. A 7 year old and 5 year old will not appreciate that :)
  • kommodevaran
    Options

Yes we eat together :) I just don't want something that take 2 hrs to make and super fancy. A 7 year old and 5 year old will not appreciate that :)

Good to hear that, sounds nice :) Ordinary meals are easy and bordering un-fancy in my world. Have you googled "easy meals", "kid-friendly dinners" etc? I admit I don't even really use recipes, most of my dinners are "protein+starch+veg", or "one pot wonders", or pancakes, toast or occasionally a readymeal :)