I'm a cancer patient!!!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi Lexi
    Take care of you, I hope it's not too rough on you, I had treatment 3 years ago for cancer, rocked me to the core -was 45 at the time
    You are a strong woman, live each day one at a time& every night think that's one day less till this is nightmare ends.

Your hair will come back, mine is at my shoulders
    I work out and you will too, when your chemo is finished, I started exercising at a class especially for cancer survivors & it helped me to heal some of the scars you can't see.

It's ok to cry - Lifes just not that fair sometimes

• lexi3500
    lexi3500 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your caring I appreciate it. Well I'm done with my treatment yesterday the last one so I'm just hanging in there best I can..
  • DeenerN
    DeenerN Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a cancer patient too, staying positive will help your experience--my cancer team said that the ones who do the best have the best attitudes. No doubt it sucks, ports, chemo, surgery and radiation ugh but there's nothing better than being a survivor =) Hang in there!
  • Jazzbear742
    Jazzbear742 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Lexi. Congratulations on finishing your treatment! Recovery is a rough road but you can do it. I am a 4-1/2 year cancer survivor. Fatigue can drag you down but you will rebuild your strength and get back on your feet. Your hair will fall out but it starts growing back pretty much as soon as you finish treatment so it's probably already starting. American Cancer Society is a great resource during recovery. Relay for Life is a wonderful way to meet other survivors and encourage people who are going through what you've already conquered. Good luck!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear, Lexi - sending wishes for strength and healing. One foot ahead of the other, you can make it through this!

I know cancer treatment is essential, but it's no d*** fun - I always say it was the worst hobby I ever had. But that was 16 years ago. In 2000, I had stage III cancer, surgery, 6 months chemo, 6 weeks radiation, then 7.5 years on follow up drugs. Back at the start, I wondered whether I should even renew my magazine subscriptions! ;) But I started feeling better as soon as treatment ended, and it was all improvement from there.

Now, sixteen years late, I'm about the healthiest I've ever been - no sign of the stupid cancer.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, too!
  • flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    All the very best in the next chapter Lexi
  • lexi3500
    Options
    Thanks so much .. For your thoughts & kindness , & your support .
  • lexi3500
    Options
    Hello
  • _Sugar_interrupted
    Options
    @melmelw03 @melmelw80 (cause I'm bad at this)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!