**!Lose 15-20 lbs by Thanksgiving Challenge!!! Clicker Tracking Advised!**!

Options
kricard86
kricard86 Posts: 50 Member
edited September 2016 in Challenges
HELLO ALL! My name is Kahesha and I am starting this challenge in hopes to meet new people with the same goal, to slim down before we beef up for the holidays!!! :p
BIG NEWS! My honey, who is deployed in Afghanistan, will be coming home around December 6th!! So this is my last "give it my all" before I have to see him. And he has been working hard on his body over there! I so gladly purchased a few (ahem) things from Victoria Secret and could literally cry. I look like a can of the popped biscuits from Pillsbury :s I've been left behind :o lol

So if you'd like to join me, I will be logging weekly weights, as well as monthly measurements and body fat.
Also, we can share our tips for success.

FIRST TIP: I can start by saying that I read a book last night called W.A.I.T.loss by Wendy Hendry, huge eye-opener. I have realized that my problem with weight stems from: too much wine and "addiction" to food. I eat when I'm happy AND sad. There are no deep rooted psycological issues. I simply crave sugar (carbs). In her book you will see, she rewards herself with a click for everytime she overcomes an urge. I will be utilizing this idea, as I am much more of a rewards person vs. beat myself up for doing wrong.

Please read and get your clicker and let's click away!

Currently I am reading "Brain Over Binge". Although I am not bulimic, I do suffer from binge eating. The first step to solving a problem, is admitting you have one and seeking help. Diets won't help in the LONG run!!

Happy skinnifying!!!

I started last week at 160.2 so I have lost 2 lbs already. But I will start from today's weight
Starting weight today: 158.2
Body Fat: 36.5
Goal: 140
I will post measurements later today.

33276289.png

Replies

• kricard86
    Options
    First things first, I am logging EVERYTHING I eat. But I am not ON A DIET! I am following a 1400 calorie daily goal, and I work out (in the gym one hour 4 days a week). On the weekends I walk or jump on my indoor trampoline for at least 30 minutes. And I have started to do the 7-minute workout, daily, M-F.
  • fitme2b
    fitme2b Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi kahesha, my name is Jennifer. I struggle witht the same issue, eating my feelings and out of bad habits. Aldo I crsvd sweets and carbs and I really need to lose about 15 or close to it by the time my sister gets married mid October. But my ultimate goal is 20lbs. I would like to keep each other motivated and hopefully stick to a challenge I set for myself. 10 years ago my husband went to irac for about a year so I feel your pain and I feel your need to look your best. I worked out like crazy then too. Lol
    I have lost few pounds so far but its more belly fat than pounds to lose so my biggest goal is no sugar and to workout regularly. My current weight it 132.6 but I started at 139. I haven't measured yet though.
  • kristyeccles89
    kristyeccles89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello ! I would love to start this challenge with you. I also have the same problem as you guys. I eat my feelings. And I also have the problem of mindlessly eating when watching tv, reading, etc. and eating out of boredom. I'm 160 pounds right now and I'd like to lose 30-40 pounds by the end of the year. I think it's easier to lose weight when you're dieting with people bc you keep each other motivated to stay on goal.
  • fitme2b
    fitme2b Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I agree. I hope we can get through this together. Thanks for offering support.
  • kricard86
    Options
    Hey guys! Great!!! I increased my protein and the scale has FROZEN on me!!!
  • Msshepig
    Msshepig Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Teckla and I would like to start this challenge also! I am at 200 now and 185 is my first goal!! I will be tracking my food and walking 2 miles each day and some exercising. I am having my knee scoped for a torn meniscus on October 10th but I will fight to keep going!!!
  • kricard86
    Options
    So I've settled on moderate protein (high to some) at 100-120g per day. My carbs are below 100g. I am keeping my calories at 1350, to see more fat loss. I'll worry about building muscles later. Right now I need to get cute for the hubs!
  • kricard86
    Options
    Msshepig wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Teckla and I would like to start this challenge also! I am at 200 now and 185 is my first goal!! I will be tracking my food and walking 2 miles each day and some exercising. I am having my knee scoped for a torn meniscus on October 10th but I will fight to keep going!!!

Welcome!
  • kricard86
    Options
    Hello ! I would love to start this challenge with you. I also have the same problem as you guys. I eat my feelings. And I also have the problem of mindlessly eating when watching tv, reading, etc. and eating out of boredom. I'm 160 pounds right now and I'd like to lose 30-40 pounds by the end of the year. I think it's easier to lose weight when you're dieting with people bc you keep each other motivated to stay on goal.

Kristy, how is your progress going?
  • kricard86
    Options
    And last week I lost 2 lbs!