Cravings help!!?

Options
How can I help cravings? Growing up I always had dessert so now I have a major sweet tooth, I want ice cream or something chocolate every evening. I do good all day long until after dinner

Replies

• Gena575
    Gena575 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Save calories for it? I have a sweet something nearly every night after dinner. Sometimes it's fruit and peanut butter, sometimes it's a bowl of cereal (the crappy kid kind even), sometimes it's an ice cream treat. Yasso frozen yogurt bars are very good for right around 100 calories. Not "diet-y" at all.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Do you want to have dessert, or do you feel like it's more of a habit rather than an actual desire to eat dessert? There are different approaches, but it's going to depend on your goal.
  • cgriggs1524
    cgriggs1524 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of calories left like around 400! My husband says a kiddie cup wont hurt but Id feel guilty.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I have a Ghirardelli square or two after dinner every night.
  • Trendline15
    Trendline15 Posts: 48 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I eat Outshine fruit popsicles. The popsicles come in single (~35 c.) and double (~ 70 c.) sizes. I also crave something sweet after dinner. They taste good when they're a little soft, and just starting to melt. They're also good as a low calorie snack.
  • N1keS0cc8rRunne7
    N1keS0cc8rRunne7 Posts: 43 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Gena575 wrote: »
    Save calories for it? I have a sweet something nearly every night after dinner. Sometimes it's fruit and peanut butter, sometimes it's a bowl of cereal (the crappy kid kind even), sometimes it's an ice cream treat. Yasso frozen yogurt bars are very good for right around 100 calories. Not "diet-y" at all.

Those do look really good...I haven't seen them around tho ...i love anything peanut butter-especially with banana... There's a company that sells protein drinks called EAS (it's all over-walmart, target, costco, etc.)...i get the dark chocolate (100 calories/no real sugar/15g protein) and blend it with peanut butter powder (pb2 is a good choice--it's low in calories) and frozen banana slices (u can add a bit of ice too)....it comes out to about 150-170 calories but it's awesome for late night munchies/cravings....I also love sugar-free dark chocolate pudding--i'll have two cups before bed for about 120 calories.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of calories left like around 400! My husband says a kiddie cup wont hurt but Id feel guilty.

Listen to your husband. You can try to replace that "yuminess" you desire with with something else that will not make you feel guilty.. I personally would eat what it was that I really wanted though, replacements or swaps never really work for me.

As you do this for a period of time, you will get to know more about how for example 1/2 cup of ice cream if that is your poison is not gonna hurt anything, especially your feelings.. LOL :):):)