Kayla Itsines BBG Advice

Options
Hi,

I am on my second week of the bbg programme but I really struggle with some of the exercises. I am not missing these out but replacing them ?! Would that be okay ?! Such as today I had jump lunges to do and I really couldn't do it so instead I did normal lunges, will this impact on the progress if the plan for me ?! I hope that my strength and ability will increase so that I can do these exercises properly!

Also how many rounds of each circuit should be expected in your 7 minutes ?!

Any advice would be great :)

Replies

• coaktree91
    coaktree91 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I make modifications all the time - especially with push-ups because of my weak wrists. It definitely won't hinder your progress, and as you get stronger, you can work toward doing the listed exercise. Something that helped me build up my jump lunges was doing them next to a wall. I would leave a hand on the wall for balance and just made sure I was going slowly.

And this is a matter of my own opinion, but you shouldn't target a certain amount of rounds through a circuit in 7 minutes. What's most important should be to go through each exercise comfortably with good form. Keep track of how many times you make it through today, because as you get stronger, it's fun to see that you're able to make it through more of the circuit than you were before. :)

Let me know if you have any other questions!
  • girlynymama
    girlynymama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I modify and do the number of rounds they suggest. Thinking of ordering the books instead of the app since it costs so much.
  • AndiJH
    AndiJH Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I agree with coaktree - if you physically can't do an exercise it would be dangerous to do it! Just modify the move until you are strong enough! I started BBG about a month ago and couldn't do any push ups - now I can do 10!!! I drop down to my knees for the remainder of the set. Just keep doing weeks 1-4 until you have enough strength built up to move to the next exercises. You will still see progress!!