I need a buddy!

Options
Hi, I'm a 16 year old girl trying to get fit while I'm still young! I was in and out of the hospital a lot and on a ton of medication the past few years, so I gained a considerable amount of weight. I've lost some weight just stopping my meds and 10 pounds on weight watchers. I currently weigh 209 lbs.The only problem is, my family can no longer afford ww. I really enjoyed the group meetings at ww and I hope I can find the same support on here! By the way, I am aware I am too young for MFP, but I have spoken to my doctor and he gave me permission to start a weight loss regime and a goal weight of about 160. :smile:

Replies

• Living_Barefoot
    Living_Barefoot Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! Good luck with everything! If you need support you can friend me if you like :)
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    You are never to young for MFP... this is a great place for everyone to motivate eachother!!! Feel free to add me!
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    When I was 209, i started walking and cut the chips, hotdogs and coke out of my diet...they were just my snacks!
    I lost 17 kilos doing an hour walk a day....
    Since then i have cut my portions...i am a bad eater and instead of cutting i halve it.
    Good luck!
  • P90XCertifiedCoach
    Options
    Good luck and I admire you doing this while your young, Its tougher when your older. Feel free to friend me
  • ehedges31
    ehedges31 Posts: 72
    Options
    Congratulations on feeling this way! :) I wish you the best of luck! I also wish I would've thought about that when i was in high school, i would probably be in better shape today. lol
    feel free to friend me! :)
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have had my head on straight at your age! Good for you!
  • Hannahbee10991
    Options
    It's always good to start a healthier lifestyle early. It will help you keep the weight off once you've lost it. There is a lot of support and motivation here :) feel free to add me. Good luck!!!
  • AnnaValek
    AnnaValek Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm 17 and understand where you're coming from. Add me. ;3
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Short glance at your diary, you might want to start eating breakfast.
  • ccunrse
    ccunrse Posts: 4
    Options
    Way to go girl!! Im right there with ya. Id be more than happy to help you, just friend me. We can do it together.
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hi, in not a teen, but I used to below to WW too and I can imagine how uncomfortable it may be for you to switch programs and not e surrounded by familiar faces. I'm happy to be friends. So far, I've found that this program is very helpful. You still have the knowledge that you gained from WW. We can do this!
  • jagfan
    jagfan Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You have already started on the right track! Feel free to friend me, if you like...You always find folks here willing to answer questions, or provide some type of motivation. Just reading some of the blogs and posts are extremely helpful! My daughter had done WW for quite a while, and is now actually doing betting using MFP. It is most likely timing, but you can't beat this for free!!
  • hapilymarried2006
    hapilymarried2006 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I will gladly support u if you would like I have 2 16 year old daughters ...you can friend me if you would like :)