Best at home exercise apps, videos

Options
Hi all,
I know I've come across other posts where people mention workout dvds or apps that they like. I run 2-3 days per week and/or use the elliptical runner. I also use the sworkit app for at home bodyweight exercises, which I love. I'd like to add a bit more variety to what I do. Any recommendations on videos or apps that really push you? I'm willing to buy some free weights, kettlebells or what have you to ramp up my at home workouts. I just don't want to spend money on a gym membership. Thanks!

Replies

• singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for variety, you won't get more than this:

http://athleanx.com/nxt

The downside is it isn't cheap. The upside is I've never seen a better program. Good luck with your search!
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club is a great app and the cost is $0. Also, regarding DVDs Jillian Michaels; Beginner Shred, 30 Day Shred, etc.
  • sadiepie05
    sadiepie05 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love Bikini Body mommy. Her videos are free on YouTube.
  • farmgirlco
    farmgirlco Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I like leslie sansone, and also Zumba DVDs
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith TV is my favorite youtube channel
  • FitRoberta
    FitRoberta Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Cathe Freidrichs' exercise DVDs are really intense and well-done. cathe.com is her website I believe. Most but not all of her workouts require some home equipment.

Also, lots of free workouts at fitnessblender.com, with and without home equipment.
  • ebryan79
    ebryan79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all these suggestions! I will look into them. Anyone try daily burn? I'm always seeing adds for this.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    FitRoberta wrote: »
    Also, lots of free workouts at fitnessblender.com, with and without home equipment.

This! They also have a youtube channel.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Love love fitness blender. They have great videos for "those who get bored easily". That's me. Been lifting heavy and using their legs, arms, abs routines - but they sneak in some cardio in each, too.
  • cmcostello23
    cmcostello23 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have both beachbody on demand ( insanity, P90x, many more) and Daily Burn. They are AWESOME. There are so many different workouts for all different levels. I love it bc all the videos are easy to follow, entertaining to watch and workout with and great variability. I can do weight lifting, yoga, intense cardio, pilates, etc. I have used daily burn the longest, about 3-4 years, and it's worked out great, Beachbody is new for me this past year but I love it so far. Goodluck!
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    Variety is awesome and YouTube is your friend. FitnessBlender has been mentioned (and is fantastic!), but also check out PopSugar Fitness and BeFit channels. BeFit has a few of the workouts from BeachBody programs for free that you can try out if you want to sample before buying into a program. I know she's hugely popular, but I get really bored doing Jillian Michaels's workouts.
  • ebryan79
    ebryan79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks guys! Lots of great suggestions to try out!
  • sandflower81
    sandflower81 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I use BodyrockTV and they are on Youtube. When I consistently do their workouts I burn so much fat!
  • lollazcano304
    lollazcano304 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sworkit
  • keshamichelle
    keshamichelle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I use dailyburn.com the membership is 10$ per month with a large variety of videos at different levels with a 30 day free trial
  • Eviedawson
    Eviedawson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    In now days you do exercise with the help of your phones. There are so many apps provide you tips regarding your exercise or video.
  • beyoutiful2016
    beyoutiful2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Check out Blogilates
  • jaxnjosh
    jaxnjosh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Workout trainer by skimble is a free app that you can download. I love it. Good luck.
  • i_ge_w94
    i_ge_w94 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey! You could try Flex - it's a site which live-streams fitness classes and lets you interact with the instructor, so you can tailor the workout to your needs more than if you were to follow a standard fitness DVD/ video? Might be worth checking it out - plus you don't need to buy any equipment!
  • odis79
    odis79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Daily Burn for my morning cardio routine and Beach Body on Demand for sculpting (love P90X). They both offer tons of videos and the 360 program for Dailyburn is great for live workouts daily.