Options
neeleym22
neeleym22 Posts: 20 Member
Since I can't go tongue gym for a few months I feel gross and unattractive

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    You don't have to go to the gym. There's lots of in-home exercises you can do.
  • Sirius66TheBeat
    Sirius66TheBeat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I hate mirrors and reflections. Lost almost 40lbs and started feeling better about my appearance until I saw pics taken at a picnic. Gained 20 back but back to losing again. I have a ways to go lol.
  • neeleym22
    Options
    You and me both but good job at losing the weight :)
  • neeleym22
    Options
    It's hard to at home things since I have a broken leg
  • Sirius66TheBeat
    Sirius66TheBeat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    on a related note I'm in a leg brace for past 4 weeks trying to heal slightly torn tendons and some inflammation. It's very annoying hobbling around.
  • neeleym22
    Options
    Yes yes it is in so tired of it
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Find some upper body videos to do on youtube. There will be some that you can do sitting down
  • knr87
    knr87 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I got tired of the same old exercise so I picked up intramural sports like volleyball softball etc.
  • neeleym22
    Options
    I'll have to just hit the gym extra hard after I heal
  • nessa2687
    nessa2687 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As women we have had it drill into our head since we were in diapers that if we didn't look at certain way we aren't "beautiful". Everytime we turn around there a new product designed to make up prettier. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you thing you are beautiful then you are, act beautiful and you will be. Me personally, I try to focus on the things I like about myself and change the rest. Exmple: "I have too many rolls and I'm fat." Or you could try "My hair is beautiful today, think I'll do some sit-ups to improve myself." What I've found is you have to love yourself as you are before you can truly change youself for the better. Just because you don't look like some starving model with 2 tons of makeup doesn't mean you are not beautiful. Beauty starts from within yourself and works it's way out.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    nessa2687 wrote: »
    As women we have had it drill into our head since we were in diapers that if we didn't look at certain way we aren't "beautiful". Everytime we turn around there a new product designed to make up prettier. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you thing you are beautiful then you are, act beautiful and you will be. Me personally, I try to focus on the things I like about myself and change the rest. Exmple: "I have too many rolls and I'm fat." Or you could try "My hair is beautiful today, think I'll do some sit-ups to improve myself." What I've found is you have to love yourself as you are before you can truly change youself for the better. Just because you don't look like some starving model with 2 tons of makeup doesn't mean you are not beautiful. Beauty starts from within yourself and works it's way out.

I'm not serious a whole lot on here, but I have to say, in all seriousness, this touched a chord with me. I tried to instill in my daughters at an early age about feeling beautiful and feeling good about themselves. Beauty can be an action, it can be a feeling, it is in the way we treat ourselves and others. Beauty is not necessarily about having the most expensive and fashionable sweater. Beauty is about how awesome the person wearing that sweater is, so in the end the sweater doesn't even matter...its the person inside it. It is an uphill battle though.

I try and instill a sense of self worth with my girls as well. I have a 9 year old and almost 13 year old daughter and it's absolutely scary the crap that they are already exposed to. I tell them they are beautiful and smart and worthy every single day. I hope that they will know their beauty without anyone else having to tell them of it. I pray they don't grow up feeling worthless and ugly or needing anyone else's approval.