Optifast

Options
Tomorrow (Monday) I am starting on the Optifast program.
Not looking for any negative comments, as I have consulted with my doctor and know the risks of putting the weight back on again.
I am looking for support from others who are on Optifast, or a similar program, and would like to help keep each other accountable.
I'm starting off replacing 2 meals a day as I'm fairly active, but I know I'm going to feel hungry and have to fight the take away cravings.
Hope to hear from you!

Replies

• YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I've started Slimfast yesterday. I've always done well on Slimfast when I can stick to it. My problem is between the hours of 8-12pm. I feel so hungry, and don't know how to get rid of that feeling. I never eat anything bad. Apples usually, but how many apples can I really eat in a morning.
    I also have to fight the cravings, so I'm with you on that. You definitely have my support.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Don't make food the enemy. There are no bad foods. Eat a variety of nutritious food you like, eat enough, and you won't be hungry, and cravings will diminish.

I don't understand how suggesting an obvious alternative to something that is obviously not working, is "negativity".
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Don't make food the enemy. There are no bad foods. Eat a variety of nutritious food you like, eat enough, and you won't be hungry, and cravings will diminish.

I don't understand how suggesting an obvious alternative to something that is obviously not working, is "negativity".

Nobody said it wasn't working, they just started so they have no idea if it's working for them or not. They are looking for support to help them over the rough patch of eating less calories than they are use to. I don't do either of those programs, however I do have a protein shake for breakfast and lunch (8 oz almond milk, nature's bounty protein powder, and Rite aid brand fiber powder). I do have a snack also usually cheese and nuts 28 oz each to get me through til dinner time. I am not strict about it though and I may or may not have something else depending on how hard I am working that day. Good Luck Ladies, wish I could be of some help to you.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I know food is not the enemy. In fact, my diet is comprised of mainly veggies, fruit, grains, and nuts. My morning portion control right now is not where I want it to be, and slimfast always brings me around, always. Plus, I'm in a time crunch here. I have 4 months to drop some weight, so if slimfast does it for me, then that's what I'm doing.
  • Baratone3
    Baratone3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Optifast too. I just started. I'm on total meal replacement for 3 weeks so I do 5 shakes or soups a day. Chicken soup is surprisingly tasty!
  • One_life_2_live
    One_life_2_live Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm loosely doing a similar program. I did it fully from 6/9 and have done really well. Currently I'm replacing 3 meals with the shakes and having 2 lean and greens. Feel free to add me
  • evarinjr
    evarinjr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am doing optifast also.
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    good luck I hear it is not pleasant tasting.. but good results for those who stick to it.. I would be careful with the aspartame that is in that drink