fatigue and low energy in the morning

Options
hi everyone :) Idk why but every morning , I wake up feeling extremely tired , even after having breakfast. I cant even do more than 5 minutes on the elliptical without feeling exhausted and out of breath. This only happens in the morning. Anyone has an idea why ??

Replies

• AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough sleep? Exercise at a different time. If it's something you're truly worried about go see your doctor.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Perhaps you are becoming more of a mid morning person or afternoon person. You say this only happens in the morning, so I presume you "pickup" later in the day?

When all else fails to find a reason for why you are exhausted, out of breath and have fatigue, see your doctor.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    healthy491 wrote: »
    hi everyone :) Idk why but every morning , I wake up feeling extremely tired , even after having breakfast. I cant even do more than 5 minutes on the elliptical without feeling exhausted and out of breath. This only happens in the morning. Anyone has an idea why ??

Are you currently eating at a deficit?
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options

During the week , yes , as I exceed my calories on weekends.
  • healthy491
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Perhaps you are becoming more of a mid morning person or afternoon person. You say this only happens in the morning, so I presume you "pickup" later in the day?

When all else fails to find a reason for why you are exhausted, out of breath and have fatigue, see your doctor.

yes , especially in the evening and at night I pick up.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

I agree with this. It happened to me too. I wasn't eating enough and I also had a Vitamin D deficiency. I learned about the deficiency through blood work. Now that I take the Vitamin D daily and increased my calories, it's much better.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options

Is this your current profile picture? You appear very thin. Are you trying to lose or maintain now?
  • RoxieDawn
    edited September 2016
    Options

How much do you weight now if you don't mind me asking and how much of a deficit are you in now? Not to get too personal, are your monthly cycles normal, etc..??? What time do you go to bed at night?

If you get your surge in the evening and this is when you feel more energetic to workout, move the work to that time, just know it might impeded your sleep patterns for a while until your body adjusts.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options

That could lead to weekend binge eating. Best to stick to a good daily plan (calorie target). But back to the deficit, I also feel the lethargy if my deficit (when I cut weight) is too extreme - especially when exercising. So if you are eating fewer calories to cut weight, and doing exercise (which is great for the health benefits) - you must feed the furnace to fuel the exercise. It sounds like your deficit has too wide of a gap between what you need at the moment. Experiment with bumping up your intake that will still meet your goals.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    If you haven't done so recently, I would suggest a full blood count and physical from your doctor...you could have a vitamin/mineral deficiency. I work out in the mornings and take caffeine pills as a pre-workout. You could also try a store bought preworkout.
  • healthy491
    Options
    leejoyce31 wrote: »

Is this your current profile picture? You appear very thin. Are you trying to lose or maintain now?

Yes its me and I am maintaining
  • healthy491
    Options

How much do you weight now if you don't mind me asking and how much of a deficit are you in now? Not to get too personal, are your monthly cycles normal, etc..??? What time do you go to bed at night?

If you get your surge in the evening and this is when you feel more energetic to workout, move the work to that time, just know it might impeded your sleep patterns for a while until your body adjusts.

I weigh 109 pounds and I eat about 1400 calories per day. Sometimes more and sometimes less.
    My monthly cycles are kinda messed up tho and I go to bed at around 11
  • Plutodreams
    Plutodreams Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What do you eat for breakfast? Do you eat any carbs at dinner or breakfast? have you tried coffee?
  • healthy491
    Options
    What do you eat for breakfast? Do you eat any carbs at dinner or breakfast? have you tried coffee?

Lately I've been having chocolate sponge and biscuits for breakfast and I eat carbs both at dinner and breakfast.
    I dont drink coffee as its too hot
  • RoxieDawn
    edited September 2016
    Options

I weigh 109 pounds and I eat about 1400 calories per day. Sometimes more and sometimes less.

Well I am small like you so it sounds like everything is good except the cycles. Usually if you have been pretty normal up up until dieting and exercise, some will say that they get abnormal cycles at some point. What I see among women are mixed.

I did have a moderate bout of over training earlier this year that caused me issues hormonally. I had blood work done and fixed that as fast as I could with changes in diet (went to maintenance for a month, scaled back exercise and changed a few things I was eating.. no big deal)...

If yours is not nutritionally related or exercise related there is not need to worry about this at all. For me my body will shut this part down to work on other things of recovery if you catch my drift.. :)

Since the fatigue bothering you, perhaps its something out the norm/new and maybe take the abnormal cycles into consideration, it might not be a bad idea to get a doc opinion and maybe blood work done.

Other than that, I don't know.. I am curious about what it is and I hope you figure it out.. :)

• healthy491
    edited September 2016
    Options

Well I am small like you so it sounds like everything is good except the cycles. Usually if you have been pretty normal up up until dieting and exercise, some will say that they get abnormal cycles at some point. What I see among women are mixed.

I did have a moderate bout of over training earlier this year that caused me issues hormonally. I had blood work done and fixed that as fast as I could with changes in diet (went to maintenance for a month, scaled back exercise and changed a few things I was eating.. no big deal)...

If yours is not nutritionally related or exercise related there is not need to worry about this at all. Sometimes some one dieting really hard and for a long period of time, this can happen. For me my body will shut this part down to work on other things of recovery if you catch my drift.. :)

Since the fatique its bothering you and perhaps its something out the norm or new and maybe even take the abnormal cycles into consideration, it might not be a bad idea to get a doc opinion and maybe blood work done.

Other than that, I don't know.. I am curious about what it is and I hope you figure it out.. :)

Thanks a lot :) ! You have been a great help :) well , to be honest I was anaemic ( idk if I spelled that right) and I used to take some pills for it and I stopped taking them , so that could be why . Along with the fact that instead of eating healthy breakfasts like I used to ( eggs etc) , I am eating chocolate so that could also be why
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

If yours is not nutritionally related or exercise related there is not need to worry about this at all. Sometimes some one dieting really hard and for a long period of time, this can happen. For me my body will shut this part down to work on other things of recovery if you catch my drift.. :)

Since the fatique its bothering you and perhaps its something out the norm or new and maybe even take the abnormal cycles into consideration, it might not be a bad idea to get a doc opinion and maybe blood work done.

Thanks a lot :) ! You have been a great help :) well , to be honest I was anaemic ( idk if I spelled that right) and I used to take some pills for it and I stopped taking them , so that could be why . Along with the fact that instead of eating healthy breakfasts like I used to ( eggs etc) , I am eating chocolate so that could also be why

Gotta love chocolate for breakfast... :):)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options

Sure, untreated anemia can definitely cause nasty fatigue. I get my iron and ferritin levels checked regularly so I can evaluate what iron supplement works best for me.

And high carb/low protein breakfasts make me fatigued as well.
  • Plutodreams
    Plutodreams Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Lately I've been having chocolate sponge and biscuits for breakfast and I eat carbs both at dinner and breakfast.
    I dont drink coffee as its too hot

Chocolate is delicious but you might try adding a little protein into breakfast, and keep some carbs. Some caffeine in the iced form--coffee or green/black tea will probably give you a nice boost.