no meat??

Options
I'm looking for advice on meat replacements. i usually eat 6-8 oz of meat a day and I'm getting to a point where i feel like thats way to much. I'm really looking to cut it out all together but i want to do it gradually and i don't really know where to start.

Replies

• littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Morningstar, beyond meat, yves, gardien, all make meat replacements which you can get at Walmart. Or you can go for beans and quinoa or make tofu, seitan or tempeh.
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ^ agree with these. Boca burgers are delicious. Gardein and MorningStar make delicious non meat stuff. I recommend Gardein's beefless sliders and chick'n sliders. For morning star, I recommend their hot dogs, chicken nuggets and sausages! They also have decent burgers. As for other proteins, I recommend black beans, red beans and chickpeas.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Beans, vegetables, fruit, grains. Anything other than meat.
  • joysomebody
    joysomebody Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Veggie patties are great.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    You can use lentils anywhere you would use ground beef (chili, tacos, burritos, sloppy joe's, meatloaf).
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Or 'beef' crumbles, gimme lean 'sausage' soy curls, tvp...... There are so many choices these days.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    You can use lentils anywhere you would use ground beef (chili, tacos, burritos, sloppy joe's, meatloaf).

Lentils are a great source of protein. One cup has 18 G (the protein of 3 eggs). Cook until soft because we lack an enzyme to digest the shell, then stir fry in a little olive oil, add some spice and vegetables.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    That is NOT to much meat so enjoy it..
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Texturized vegetable protein. I've mixed it into marinara sauce as a ground beef replacement for "meat" sauce.