avacado

Options
hey guys, please give me some ideas on how to make avacado more interesting..iv had it today with a bit of salt n struggled to finish it.

thx

Replies

• AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Guacamole, avocado toast.... In wraps, on chili.

Why are you eating avocado if you don't like it?
  • sana66
    sana66 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    thx..im trying to add in healthy things to my diet, n need to increase the healthy fats.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Avocado on toast.
    Guacamole
    avocado egg bakes http://allrecipes.com/recipe/240744/paleo-baked-eggs-in-avocado/
    avocado on salads
    avocado mayo
    avocado sandwiches
    avocado in smoothies (oh my)
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    http://dailyburn.com/life/recipes/vegan-avocado-chocolate-mousse-recipe/

Try something like this. You don't taste the avocado.

But really, there is no need to eat something you don't like just because it's 'healthy'

There are plenty of other sources of healthy fats.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Eat something you like! If you want to increase fat intake, eat more full fat dairy (including butter), oils, eggs, fatty fish and meat, nuts and seeds. Maybe olives? Just stay away from trans fats and superheated/burnt fat.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Avocado smoothie:
    2 avocados cubed
    1 c skim milk
    Honey or Agave nectar to taste (2 tbsp works for me)
    Mix these in a blender - it will be VERY thick
    Add ice to thin and make it cold to your taste.

If I am having this for breakfast, I might use one avocado, a banana and vanilla protein powder. This is just a tasty milkshake substitute for me.
  • JeanLaw131
    JeanLaw131 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Avacado and garbanzo beans blended together with lemon juice and spices of your choice. Awesome sandwich or dip.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Avocado with a bit of salt is amazing, IMO. So is guacamole. Nice on a salad too. I am not sure whether I like it in a smoothie or not, because for the calories I want avocado to be more the star of the dish (but it tasted good and added a nice texture).

Also good with spicy raw tuna and purple rice, among other ingredients, and on many sandwiches.

It's good for you, but so caloric that I wouldn't bother with it if I didn't love it (or at least enjoy it).
  • l1k4
    l1k4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Take one, mush it up, add lemon juice and mayo, mix and spread on turkey. nom nom nom
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Avocado with ketchup, my favorite!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Avocado with a bit of salt is amazing, IMO. So is guacamole. Nice on a salad too. I am not sure whether I like it in a smoothie or not, because for the calories I want avocado to be more the star of the dish (but it tasted good and added a nice texture).

Also good with spicy raw tuna and purple rice, among other ingredients, and on many sandwiches.

It's good for you, but so caloric that I wouldn't bother with it if I didn't love it (or at least enjoy it).

For me avocado, spinach, berries, water= heaven in a smoothie. It IS the star. :smile:
    Love it with salt, and with salt on toast. GAH. I love avocado. Period.
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I agree with Avocado Toast!! Add a dash of salt and black pepper and It's really good!

Also, adding a few pieces of avocado to a burger or salad also works well. And if you are a fan of guacamole, you can make that too. :)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad in avocado boats. Yum!
  • valerialeek
    valerialeek Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Avocado is an addition to salad, wraps, tacos
  • valerialeek
    valerialeek Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    But my fav is tuna with Avo and Spanish onion in a sandwich
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Half an avocado with cottage cheese in the middle, and hot sauce on top. Yum!
    Or mixed with spicy chilli tuna for a dip or sandwich spread.
    Drop cubes of avocado in a spicy tomato mexican style soup.

Yes, there seems to be a theme here... I like avocado with spice!

But it's also great for breakfast with toast and poached eggs.
    Or to make bruschetta - mash avo with feta, lemon juice and black pepper. Also good with an egg on top. And hot sauce!
  • chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Avocados work very well in salads, I like to slice up half an avocado and add it to a kale salad with a small amount of my favourite dressing, as well as some other veggies and sprouts. The trick is to find flavours you actually like and build off that.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I personally don't like Avocados, but I do like Avocado oil....expensive, but worth it to me
  • BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Mix a really ripe avocado (as in, properly squishy!) with a pinch of salt and a couple of pinches of smoked paprika. Chuck it on toast. Or have it with a poached egg and some chopped tomatoes and peppers.

Basically, avocado&salt&smoked paprika is the BEST.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

For me avocado, spinach, berries, water= heaven in a smoothie. It IS the star. :smile:
    Love it with salt, and with salt on toast. GAH. I love avocado. Period.

You inspired me to try it again, and it's delicious (I had arugula around and no spinach, so used that, half a cucumber, half an avocado, and too many raspberries). I need clearer avocado flavor, so will do it again with fewer berries (and probably strawberries instead as I think that will be better for the color).