Looking for fitness pal with same goal

Options
I'm currently 134pounds and looking to gain some pounds by New Year, around 150+. Anyone out there with same goals, hmu. Btw any advice would be very appreciated! Thank you!

Replies

• nooneyuk88
    nooneyuk88 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight in muscle or just weight in general? How tall are you?
  • KennyDL
    KennyDL Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @nooneyuk88 gaining weight with muscle would be nice but I just want to gain weight because I feel skinny for my age. I am 5'8.
  • lexi3500
    lexi3500 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Can add me
  • nooneyuk88
    Options
    Hey @KennyDL

I'm 5"11 and 130 and I would only now say I'm feeling skinny, after loosing 30 lbs, as my abs are showing. Heading stateside to Florida where I'll do my best to keep from putting too much on before I clean bulk at the start of October.

150 lbs by NY is ambitious unless you're happy with plenty of fat gain. If you are then just ramp up the calories 3000 plus, depending on your current activity level, and exercise when you can.

Happy for you to add me.

What's your diet currently look like
  • KennyDL
    Options
    nooneyuk88 wrote: »
    Hey @KennyDL

I'm 5"11 and 130 and I would only now say I'm feeling skinny, after loosing 30 lbs, as my abs are showing. Heading stateside to Florida where I'll do my best to keep from putting too much on before I clean bulk at the start of October.

150 lbs by NY is ambitious unless you're happy with plenty of fat gain. If you are then just ramp up the calories 3000 plus, depending on your current activity level, and exercise when you can.

Happy for you to add me.

What's your diet currently look like

To be honest, I eat whatever when I'm hungry but I do eat some vegs and fruits throughout the day. I'm am currently eating maybe 2500 per day, I gotta start logging my meals. My currently activities wise, I workout every night and play soccer 3times a week. Thank you for the advice, I'll start clean bulking as well.
  • claudia_md
    claudia_md Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain muscle and loose tha flab :)
  • nooneyuk88
    Options
    2,500 might not be enough if you are exercising 10 plus times a week.

You need an accurate count of your calories, I would suggest a week of weighing and counting everything you eat and drink. It seems a bit crazy but it will surprise you how much/little your are using eating compared to what your logging.

More people overestimate or underestimate their calories. A week of weighing will remove the guess work and establish whether you need to eat more or count better ( both will probably result in you eating more which is normal if your not gaining weight on your current calorie intake)

As before a small surplus 300-500 per day should allow for around 1/2lb weight gain per week, muscle with minimum fat gain but fat gain is inevitable. More calories will help you out weight quicker but more if it will be fat.
  • KennyDL
    Options
    Okay, I'll start eating 3000+. I'm not used to eating that much but I gotta at least try. Thank you again for your advice.
  • nooneyuk88
    Options
    Just make sure you are logging calories and weight so you don't balloon