Lifting everyday?

Options
babypunkprincess
babypunkprincess Posts: 109 Member
edited September 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I used to do full body bodyweight workouts 2-3 times a week but now fell in love with weights. Can I do some sort of lifting everyday or 5-6 days a week? What would a good routine be?

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy it...A push pull legs routine COULD work. Probably 5 days, 6 days might be a bit much.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I used to do full body bodyweight workouts 2-3 times a week but now fell in love with weights. Can I do some sort of lifting everyday or 5-6 days a week? What would a good routine be?

not if you want to burn out, suffer injury, fatigue, etc.

Are you currently on a structured program? I would suggest finding a structured program like a upper/lower split, all pro beginner, strong lifts, strong curves, etc, and run the program as set up.

Rest days are typically when you get a good deal of your gains as mucles are repairing...you can still do light walking/ab/core work on off days, but you should still have at least one 100% rest day as well....
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    you can lift every day if you want, but if you are looking for specific strength or mass results you might not get them since you aren't getting the important recovery time. Or you can get a program you like and the days in between you can do some kinda active recovery lifting, stretching etc. If your goal is just to have that lifting rush every day at the gym, you can lift all day every day if you want. There are brick layers that do heavy physical labor 8 hours a day and are just fine. I know i've gone through phases where i cant get out of the gym because i enjoy it so much, and then other times i stick to a strict program. Do what makes you happy.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I lift six days a week.

Monday: Chest/Triceps
    Tuesday: Back(thickness)/Biceps
    Wednesday: Quads/Calfs/Shoulders
    Thursday: Chest/Triceps
    Friday: Back(width)/Biceps
    Saturday: Hamstrings/Calfs/Shoulders

I don't always follow this program. It all depends what I'm working toward. Right now it's volume training. There are plenty of good split programs.
  • Jcl81
    Jcl81 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The Bulgarian Method, look this up. It will be a routine everyday for a while, but sounds to be something you're looking for.
  • babypunkprincess
    babypunkprincess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sweet thanks!