gaint chunky man calves :S

Options
my calves have always been kind of muscular but now they are getting chunky looking , not the look im going for , is it just with using the cross trainier most days ? Can I stop this happening and make them slim down

Replies

• albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    calf shape is part genetic, i know lots of guys that would kill for muscular calves, and can't make it happen..........probably not a ladies goal though..................
    hard to not use those muscles walking around every day, i'm sure they look fine!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Maybe as the legs tone more they'll get tighter but not bigger?? I dunno...I've got giant chunky man calves LOL.
  • Katy3108
    Katy3108 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I have big calves as well and big thighs because I have done a physical job for so long and worked with horses, but now I have stopped working with them my thighs have changed. they are bigger but not with muscle so I need to find a way to build the muscle back up again. I'd love to have skinny legs though but dont think that will happen
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    Maybe as the legs tone more they'll get tighter but not bigger?? I dunno...I've got giant chunky man calves LOL.

its okay for you to have man calves :L and as well all no you have good legs :L
    hopefully they will tone up , wearing heals makes them look a bit better but i cant wear them all the time my feet kill me by the end of the day
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same- I have cankles! (calves that merge into your ankles! but I've learnt that there is nothing I can do- when I exercise & diet they don't get any smaller but at least there's no fat on there :)
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i've got massive calves (like 46cm around the middle). they're here to stay. i think as the fat goes they slim down a bit. but i'm at peace with the fact that i won't have lovely long slim legs. i've got short chunky legs, thanks to my oddly shaped dad. alot is genetics i think, so look at your family.

i reckon you're just going to have to learn to love your massive man calves :-)
  • albinogorilla
    Options
    i think big calves on a woman are very attractive...........and i dont think i am on the only one.........you will always be your harshest critic..........
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have big legs, sometimes I worry about thm. All the male members in my family have them too so I guess there's nowt I can do about it.

My stats - 42cm calves, 61cm thighs

I've been cycling loads recently (100+ miles per week) and I've noticed them getting smaller but I can tell that there is alot of muscle in there already so I don't think i'll see a significant loss.
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have that problem too, quite depressing to be honest. I hope they will go down as I lose weight but I'm not so certain. My parents have legs like me so yay for genetics :/

I am starting to notice them go down a bit though. I have these pajama trousers which come down to round my ankles, but I don't like them like that so I pull them up round my knees. They used to sit there fine, but now they just fall down every time I move. I hope thats a sign of some weight going from them :D
  • bexxw
    bexxw Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    yeah I'm in the same boat.. have always had giant man calves ! like 15-16 inches.. I was a figure skater and a diver growing up and a runner now, so they are pretty strong, but just once I'd love to by like knee high boots that I could actually zip up! Only thing I've found to slim them out are sky high heels!
  • albinogorilla
    Options
    i've never seen a pair of legs that didn't look good in fishnet's..............speaking of woman of course.......
  • bexxw
    bexxw Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i've never seen a pair of legs that didn't look good in fishnet's..............speaking of woman of course.......

So true.. but I have seen some guys with killer pins rock a pair of fishnets to!
  • albinogorilla
    Options
    its just a bit more creepy though............... :-)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I have good-sized calves as well. Big enough that 'skinny jeans' and boots are sometimes an issue because I can't get my calves into them!

I actually like my calves and have always been told I have good legs. IMO, having shapely legs is more attractive than having stick straight legs. And remember- good calves make your ankles look tiny, too!

I suppose if you laid around in bed for 6 months, they'd atrophy and get smaller. ;)
  • maxinethestrange
    Options

hmm wearing fish nets and high heals 24/7 might get me mistaken for a hooker :L and working with kids and looking like that might be bad though i do havea picture of me in fish nets in sky high heals looking like a tarty teacher :L
  • albinogorilla
    Options
    well you can't wear it 24-7........................but I'm sure when you do you rock it !!!
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    hmmm im not so sure tarty was a gd look for me , maybe wait till the rest of the weight has fallen off till i get my man legs out :L
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I've always been attracted to muscular calves on both men and women. I'd be disappointed if mine started to shrink (which, so far, they are not doing). I'd also rather have muscles than not. I think skinny is overrated, but fit is most definitely not.
  • albinogorilla
    Options
    Honestly, I've always been attracted to muscular calves on both men and women. I'd be disappointed if mine started to shrink (which, so far, they are not doing). I'd also rather have muscles than not. I think skinny is overrated, but fit is most definitely not.

AMEN
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    For me it's toned, not so much muscular that does it.

Without fishnets so I can see them LOL.